Hacking I want to start fresh

KoopaTroopaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4.2U with homebrew channel and such but some things freeze and I think I messed something up...anyone know how I can delete EVERYTHING that has to do with homebrew and start over with it while keeping my save files?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By not deleting ANYTHING, pretty much everything can just be reinstalled over itself to update it. Trying to solve your problem specifically would probably be more efficient than trying to nuke everything on the system to get to it.

KoopaTroopaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well I really don't know what the problem is....hbc loads fine...but wad manager freezes when using ios249...also I want to install doc louis' punch out but it won't install...I thought I messed something up.

KoopaTroopaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well I really don't know what the problem is....hbc loads fine...but wad manager freezes when using ios249...also I want to install doc louis' punch out but it won't install...I thought I messed something up.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you update via nintendo by any chance? You probably have a stubbed cIOS. Use anytitledeleter to deletes IOS249 and 50.

Then install CiosRev14 again. That should fix your wad manager problem

KoopaTroopaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I did heres the story

My friend helped me hack my wii at 4.0 everything was great then 4.2 came and he walked me through the guide on here but read only the part as if I was already on 4.2 but I wasn't...and some wads wouldn't install...then wiihelp told me to just update by nintendo to 4.2 and redo everything as it would delete the hbc and stuff...well it didn't I still have everything but only hbc works (in regards to homebrew) not even bootmii comes up....that's why I want to start completely fresh on 4.2 and redo all this homebrew stuff but I do not wish to lose all my save files..

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start here and read it all:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha...uide/the-basics

Then go to the next step here:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2

If you do all the steps properly, your 4.2 wii should be working as intended. I recommend that when it says (as a tip) to install the cIOS use the Waninkokos cIOS rev14 (not rev15).
And also after the NAND backup is complete (if possible) search, and read up about priiloader as its a fairly handy tool to have installed as well.

you could virginize the wii and start over, but its likely not needed. Good luck and read everything before you go ahead and end up bricking your wii!

KoopaTroopaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you I will try it . but for future reference..how does one virginize their wii....people are wondering about it now that I've been asking about it

KoopaTroopaZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a douche or anything...but the guide after the basics you sent me to is for virgin wii's....mine isn't a virgin...I would like to make it a virigin to make this easier.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well outside of only having HBC in there, who knows if you have Turcha Bug enabled IOS or not, etc... Since you mentioned that you basically skipped steps previously, it would be wise to make sure all steps are taken this time.

If your really concerned, you can always re-run the official N 4.2 update or use the safe updater, then take it from there using the guide.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well I cant answer if it will effect your save files or not. And unfortunately "I think" that the copy protection exploit is a hack in priiloader? So unless someone is more familiar with that situation..?

I think you'll just have to roll with the punches.

Granted I could be mistaken as I never concern myself with save stuff. However anyone more familiar with those details is free to correct me if I am wrong.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
re-run the bannerbomb and reinstall the latest bootmii package.
Make a NAND backup and take it from there.

There should be no reason for anything to not work from that point onward.

Just make sure you have the folders "app" and "wad" and be sure to make sure the apps are named "boot.dol".

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KoopaTroopaZ said:
Not to be a douche or anything...but the guide after the basics you sent me to is for virgin wii's....mine isn't a virgin...I would like to make it a virigin to make this easier.
It says its for Virgin Wii's but works with hacked Wii's too
wink.gif

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBC is the key to modding your wii. From that is where everything else is run. So lets say for example you are on this page:
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ha.../trucha-bug-4-2

You'll get the Trucha Bug Restorer 1.1 and its a zip file.
On your SD card, you'll want to make a folder called "apps" and within that, "TBR" and inside that folder (TBR) is (most importantly) a file called "boot.dol".

HBC once loaded, should see this file and list it as a runnable application, you click it and off you go.

This is how all "apps" in HBC work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards