I want to protect my Pikachu Yellow DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Omoikane1979, Oct 23, 2007.

Oct 23, 2007
  1. Omoikane1979
    OP

Member Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I bought a Pikachu Yellow DS Lite and want to protect it from scratches, shocks (and such) while still showing it off. Normally I wouldn't care but since it is a limited edition... [​IMG]

I thought about putting on BestSkinsEver or Invisible Shield but read the adhesives used can be quite vicious and remove paint and such. So I am afraid they might damage the Pikachu (I'm not sure if it's painted or so) if something goes wrong with the skin (having to replace the skin or so).
    So I am wondering if the Hori Protection Filter or Capdase Skinguard might be a better idea (since those most likely use a silicon adhesive) unless someone can convince me nothing bad will happen when using BSE or IS.

I am also wondering if anyone has used the Do It Yourself skin from BestSkinsEver to protect their (limited edition) Gameboy Advance or Micro without any negative effects.

2. Seccom Masada

Member Seccom Masada GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    The best protection you could get would be a vacuum clean chamber with those glove things so you can actually play it, plus a mini-airlock so you can get cartridges in there.

3. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    WOW !
    lucky! u got the yellow pikachu ds lite DX

i need a protective case too ?
    can any 1 post a link ?

4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    [​IMG]

FTW.

5. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Filb

Member Filb GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Well, here's what I did...
    First of all, I bought the DS Lite Pikachu Edition twice. That way I always know that I have a 100% perfect brand new unit. I was able to buy them for €160 and €145.

Now I can use the second one without getting nervous. I also use a clear Japanese "Hard Cover DS Lite" (only protects the top with the Pikachu emblem) and Japanese Hori Screen Filters with it.

(Later, when eventually a new limited DS Lite appears on the market, I will probably sell the used one.)

7. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Buy a case at Gamestop.

Oh, and pick up some screen protectors while you're at it.

8. Omoikane1979
    OP

Netherlands
    With shipping and handling mine came close to € 250. So I have to congratulate you for finding 2 at prices that low [​IMG] Did you find yours at Ebay as well? Anyhow unless they come that cheap I'd rather find good and lasting protection that doesn't leave any signs.

Still I find finding good protection in Europe very difficult compared to say Japan or the US. So any good internet shop that offers good protection and has cheap S&H and good service is welcome.

By the way what do you guys think of the NERF armor? It seems bulky and I read it might scratch the DS lite when taking it off.
    The biggest disadvantage though is that it isn't clear.
    I am not sure whether the silicon case is enough protection either I already own one and the hinge on my Pink DS lite got cracked, just because that's the only place that isn't protected. And even if it did, it also isn't clear.

So I even if the protection isn't clear, but protects well and can be removed without damage the unit I am happy.

9. Filb

Germany
    Thanks! [​IMG]
    I got them through http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/. Since most people there don't ship internationally I had to ask a friend who lives in Japan to get them and send them to me (after I paid him of course).

You can find Japanese Hori Screen Filters at http://www.play-asia.com/
    I'm not sure where you can buy the DS Lite Hard Covers from Jupiter online, though. [​IMG]

I think both the filters and the hard covers are really good and lasting. [​IMG]

10. Omoikane1979
    OP

Netherlands
    So you got your friend to help you out, you're one lucky guy. I assume you can also read and write Japanese and did the auction part yourself, right?

On screen protectors: I ordered both Hori and Capdase Taku ones at Play-Asia recently. I also have a topic where you can drop a small property report on your experience if you like.

I haven't heard from DS lite Hard covers from Jupiter. Can you explain what they are like combined with some pictures? It sounds promising, where did you get those? If it's Europe I can get those too as I live in The Netherlands aka Holland. [​IMG]

11. Hiratai

Banned Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

United States
    If you send it to me, Ill be sure to keep tight onto it.

12. enigmaindex

Member enigmaindex the Scarecrow

Australia
    Mind posting some pictures?
    I would love to see a limited edition Pikachu DSL, as i have a limited Pokemon edition N64 [​IMG] .
    click here for picture
    Cheers

13. Omoikane1979
    OP

Netherlands
    I don't really mind, but I haven't taken it out of the box yet. That why I started this topic.

I do have photos from the Japanese pokecenter site if that's also fine with you. Lastly I haven't put any pictures or photos on forums before so I will need some advice on that.

14. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    you can upload images from your computer to www.imageshack.us.

15. Omoikane1979
    OP

Netherlands
    OK here goes:

The unit itself:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The box:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Sonicslasher

Member Sonicslasher In Law we trust.

United States
    here's mine
    [​IMG]

17. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    I had that one [​IMG]

I gave it to my relatives' kid.

18. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    That is the most coolest DS Lite I have ever seen. You have to take pictures of it when you eventually take it out of the box [​IMG]

19. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    OH MY!!!!!!!

WHERE TO GET IT WHERE TO GET IT???!!!

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!! AND I'M A POKéMON-FAN TOO!!!!

OH MY... OH MY...!!!!!!

20. Filb

Germany
    [​IMG]

My Japanese Pikachu DS Lite (the one in use) with clear Hard Cover attached for protection. [​IMG]
    Sorry, camera isn't very good at taking pics indoor.