Hacking I want to Hack my old 3DS XL. Any advice where to start?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You came on board at a good time. B9S installation is cake compared to when a9lh first came out, or when downgrading to 9.2 was needed and dangerous. Now all the homebrew needed to install b9s and Luma have safety checks and are noob friendly, especially paired with 3ds.guide
^this. it did used to be harder, even up until a few weeks ago. it could take a couple hours if you didn't know what you were doing. now it only takes about half an hour

Reactions: Metoroid0

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Im really confused reading all this. Can i please get some simple flash explanation so i grasp whats going on? i know nothing about 3DS HB scene....
Imagine the 3DS as a cage with security gaurds.
Installing Boot9strap is basically like making the guards think that making the cage disappear or bigger is okay, basically we can do whatever we want with the cage.
However we can't really do anything besides that since the guards only allow stuff that have a secret code on stuff we wanna bring to the cage.
CFW basically tells the guards to not care about that and let anything go in the cage.
there you go. :)

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
^this. it did used to be harder, even up until a few weeks ago. it could take a couple hours if you didn't know what you were doing. now it only takes about half an hour
Well im doing this from yesterday xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way, im stuck..anyone willing to assist me please..im on discort...?

D

Deleted User

I'm no gateway fan,but if you like it's cheat engine and want more options you can run it through an emunand once you have b9s and luma,but only with the emunand on 11.2.Be warned though any firmware higher than 11.2 will not boot and booting gateway on the Sysnand is also known to cause perma bricks.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
so im at "Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS" of this guide https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup And its saying "Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch GodMode9" I turn off my 3DS, hold start, turn it on and it shows this: http://i.imgur.com/WMbVjmX.jpg

I know it said to launc godmode9, but when i do that it said it launches this Luma thing

D

Deleted User

so im at "Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS" of this guide https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup And its saying "Reboot holding (Start) during boot to launch GodMode9" I turn off my 3DS, hold start, turn it on and it shows this: http://i.imgur.com/WMbVjmX.jpg

I know it said to launc godmode9, but when i do that it said it launches this Luma thing
Make shure you have the correct payloads in the folder inside luma.That menu pops up when you hold select.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Make shure you have the correct payloads in the folder inside luma.That menu pops up when you hold select.
K ill try to see if i made mistake...

EDIT: Oh thanks man, i was holding seleck i guess..i was so afraid not to screw up something i didnt notice ^^

Thanks youre awesome

By the way, i was standing here for 30 min xD

1. Press (Y) on boot.firm to copy it
  2. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  3. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND
  4. Press (Y) to paste a copy of boot.firm

So do i enter "sysnand ctrnand" with A and than paste or do i just highlight it and than paste with Y?

I ask this because when i enter sysnant ctrnand folder it highights another folder and im afraid if i press paste it will put it in that other folder..i just dont know how this godmode9 works... its not been explained in tutorial...

Last edited by Metoroid0,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Press (Y) on boot.firm to copy it
  2. Press (B) to return to the main menu
  3. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND
  4. Press (Y) to paste a copy of boot.firm

So do i enter "sysnand ctrnand" with A and than paste or do i just highlight it and than paste with Y?

I ask this because when i enter sysnant ctrnand folder it highights another folder and im afraid if i press paste it will put it in that other folder..i just dont know how this godmode9 works... its not been explained in tutorial...
paste it to the root of your ctrnand. this step isn't required, but without doing it, you won't be able to boot without an sd card, and it's recommended that you don't skip this step

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds.guide is self explanatory. All that's required is the ability to read. If you can't do that, don't hack the 3DS, you'll most likely brick it.

Next time check the sticky threads instead of opening a pointless thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: