I want to hack again...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by loopyeyes, Jan 1, 2010.

Jan 1, 2010

I want to hack again... by loopyeyes at 11:34 PM (787 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. loopyeyes
    OP

Newcomer loopyeyes Member

United States
    So I used to have a wii (3.2U, i believe) with homebrew channel on it, but I thought, "I don't need this anymore" so I deleted it and updated my wii to the latest update, but now I really want homebrew back and since I'm completely hacking illiterate I don't know what to do.

So if it's even possible at all, does anyone have a step by step guide that will let me download homebrew to my wii? Thanks.

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Try this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 Open the spoiler at the bottom of the first post to see the actual guide. Since you officially updated your wii to 4.2, you can skip the "Updating your Wii" section.

3. loopyeyes
    OP

United States
    I've been going through the guide and it is amazing! I only have one question...I went through most of the beginner tutorial installing HB, Bannerbomb and bootmii, I also applied the trucha bug and installed my cios's, then I realized I never made a nand backup using bootmii, so I looked back and read this one thing

To make your wii brick-proof, make a backup of the NAND before making major changes to the Wii memory

So what I'm asing is, can I still make a backup of the NAND, even though I've already added the cios's and all of that stuff? Or is it not safe to do this?

Thanks again! You've ben a great help.

4. loopyeyes
    OP

United States
    Okay thanks!

5. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    EDIT: beaten by deadlyfoez