Hacking i want to get into the NDS scene noob help!

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok i want to buy a nintendo DS and some sort of kit to play backups on what should i get ?! oh and btw im broke lol

im thinking about getting a first generation NDS used BULKY for 80 bucks at ebgames and now what kit should i get ?

im not looking for anything fancy but i would like a cart that has the most compatiabilty

also ive been reading that i have to flash my NDS ? whats that ?

Propionation

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you are buying a phat DS, you should buy the mini sd versions of Slot 2 solutions. I would suggest you get the Supercard mini SD or even Supercard SD (if you don't mind it sticking out a bit in your DS phat) cause SD cards are pretty cheap nowadays. Supercards are pretty cheap, the DS compatibility is great, GBA is decent, and Homebrew support is great. You would need a NoPass device to boot up the Slot 2 solution. Any Nopass would work with the Supercard; Passcard 3, Superkey, and Max Media Launcher all work. Also make sure you have a credit card cause you can only buy this stuff online or if you live somewhere in Asia. Good Luck I'm glad you wanted to join the DS flashcard scene.
P.S. If you have a Nopass you don't need to flash the DS. I would recommend it I flashed my own DS and it is very simple but it is your choice.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
a friend of mines is selling a

Nintendo DS Lite Handheld + M3 Lite w/ 512MB mircoSD

now it has one dead pixel and has no stylus you think thats a good deal ?

also a SD card how do i upload games onto it ? im on a crappy old computer lol WINDOWS ME :-(

Parsaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It depends on how much the deal is.
tongue.gif

Parsaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going off of my memory here, but...

DS Lite's are like 129, i think, and M3 Lite's are like..Uh, crap 100 something. No stylus? that's alright, you can get a pack of like three for a few dollars. I'd say that's a good deal(In my opinion) Even with a dead pixel. Where is the dead pixel, anyway?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative