I want to flash my DSLite But I need clarification

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by gormemghast, Nov 5, 2006.

1. gormemghast
    OP

gormemghast Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2006
    Hi all...

I'm new to all this flashing and modding stuff. I would like to flash my DS Lite, but after reading about the different versions of the "By-Passing Cards" I'm a bit confused. .

I purchased a DS Lite today with the following equipment.

* - Super Card Lite (not the rumble version)
    * - Pass We 3 (as reviewed on this site here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36383)
    * - 1gig MicroSD Card

If I was to download the "FlashMe" software what else would I need to do the upgrade? Or is what I have just fine to do it with?

I do have a backup card for my "Retro GameBoy Advance" which is pictured below.

[​IMG]

Can I use this to store the file on and flash the DS? Or can it be the Super Card Lite I bought today?

Thanks
    Ric

2. Tripp

Tripp GBAtemp Regular

Oct 17, 2006
    United States
    South East Florida
  3. FuManChuu

FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2006
    United States
    I'll actually hijack this thread to use as my question...

So, you have to have a superkey/passme device to flash... and flashing... removes the need for a superkey/passme.... so, for those of us WITHOUT a key already... either way we gotta buy one? D:

EDIT: Yeah, i think thats how it works :>

4. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yes, unless someone lets you borrow a passme device.

5. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    You have to buy a passme device to flash the DS at first yes. But you could always borrow one or flash a few of your mates DSs for a small charge to make back the money you paid for the passme. I know some places will install the flashme for you, and charge about $10.

6. FuManChuu

FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, thats what ill keep my eye out for... but I doubt its happening... ill probably just end up getting a passme :>

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice