Hacking I want to DOWNGRADE to 1.0.2

leafbarrett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently (as in yesterday), Gecko OS 1.9, 1.9.0.1, and 1.9.1 all stopped working on my HBC (1.0.3) as DOL files.
frown.gif
1.0.7 works fine (I download it as a DOL and don't have to convert it from ELF), but it can't handle nearly enough codes to use Brawl+ with.
hate2.gif
I know that HBC 1.0.2 works with ELF files, and since converting ELF files doesn't help, I was hoping to downgrade so that I could use ELF files as they are without changing them. Is there a way to downgrade the HBC? Or if it can't be downgraded, can someone help me install 1.0.2? (I don't even know where to find it at this point, everything's 1.0.3.) 1.0.3 was the first version I got, so I only know how to use the BootMii install.
The error I'm getting is "This is not a valid Wii application." Boot.dol, the icon, and the meta file are all in the GeckoOS1.9 folder, which is in the apps folder. Maybe someone could tell me why Gecko OS 1.9 won't work anymore, even when I redownload it? I even tried downloading it from the HB Browser, and that one didn't work either...
I'm really desperate here, and I'd be forever grateful if someone could help me out.

EDIT: Wait, what does the HackMii installer install? 1.0.3 or Beta9? I mighta ctually have Beta9 >

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
here is a homebrew channel beta 9 installer:

http://dl.qj.net/Homebrew-Channel-Beta-9-W...24524/catid/526

It wont work if you have system menu 4.0

the reason i give you beta 9 is because im not sure if hbc 1.0.2 can handle elf files. but i KNOW FOR SURE beta 9 can.

just load the .dol with the homebrew channel just as you would with any other application.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
all HBC versions can handle elf files as long as they are 'correct' elf files (like Hackmii installer or USB loader GX). All incorrect ones give the 'Invalid wii app' error

Beta8 should be the last version to load incorrect .elf files. But if Unfortune says beta9 can load them too, he probably tried it, so why would I doubt his saying.

leafbarrett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif
Thanks~ Here's hoping it works.
Unfortune said:
the reason i give you beta 9 is because im not sure if hbc 1.0.2 can handle elf files. but i KNOW FOR SURE beta 9 can.
Really? I thought they stopped using ELF for that version... Well it's worth a shot.
QUOTE(Unfortune @ Jul 6 2009, 02:12 PM) just load the .dol with the homebrew channel just as you would with any other application.
That's what I'm doing.

leafbarrett

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
all HBC versions can handle elf files as long as they are 'correct' elf files (like Hackmii installer or USB loader GX). All incorrect ones give the 'Invalid wii app' error
GeckoOS ELF files don't fall under that category, huh?
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Jul 6 2009, 02:19 PM) Beta8 should be the last version to load incorrect .elf files. But if Unfortune says beta9 can load them too, he probably tried it, so why would I doubt his saying.
Well, just in case Beta9 doesn't work for me, can you provide a link to Beta8?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Sure it works... just downloaded it from hbb and launched it in hbc 1.0.3...

sorry mate but reinstalling old versions of hbc won't change anything, the problem is on your side (most probably corrupted dol/elf files)

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just convert those elfs to dols. Where is the problem?

btw. GeckoOS is a recent App and it works in the newest homebrewchannel. You are doing something wrong if it doesn't work for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans