Hacking I want to downgrade my New Nintendo 3DS XL but I still having a ton of question

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory it SHOULD work, but you would also need to move a few other files as well and i am 99% certain that going from O3DS to N3DS will cause problems.

And yah, if you aren't willing to do a transfer that is your best bet. Just use SDF to back up your saves

Would you happen to know what those other files happen to be?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
In theory it SHOULD work, but you would also need to move a few other files as well and i am 99% certain that going from O3DS to N3DS will cause problems.

And yah, if you aren't willing to do a transfer that is your best bet. Just use SDF to back up your saves
move a few files? i honestly think it would be fine if we can get the 3dsinstalltickets homebrew running :) that is all we need to do at this point

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you happen to know what those other files happen to be?
@cearp could answer that better than I could, but I want to say you will need title.db and moveable.sed as well. Not 100% certain, and again there is the whole O3DS/N3DS thing that I have no idea how it would affect things.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The only thing I can say for sure is that your problem wasn't because you injected a 10.3 ticket.db into a 9.5 emunand. I did that myself earlier and it worked fine. Which means the problem was either because you went from O3DS to N3DS, or because you needed other files to make it work right.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp could answer that better than I could, but I want to say you will need title.db and moveable.sed as well. Not 100% certain, and again there is the whole O3DS/N3DS thing that I have no idea how it would affect things.

The only thing I can say for sure is that your problem wasn't because you injected a 10.3 ticket.db into a 9.5 emunand. I did that myself earlier and it worked fine. Which means the problem was either because you went from O3DS to N3DS, or because you needed other files to make it work right.
he won't need any files like that because he is doing an actual system transfer.
(aren't you?) lol :)

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I never moved the moveable.sed

I was told I need to hexedit my moveable.sed dump from my 03ds to make it work on new 3ds.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he won't need any files like that because he is doing an actual system transfer.
He originally wanted to just move the files manually, though he may not have been aware that we have 10.3 emunand on the N3DS now.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No. I am trying to simply get my gamesfolder where all the games are installed in this case called exactly "title"40gb to work on my n3ds without a system transfer.I do have a backup of movable.sed and tickets.db(32mb version)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never moved the moveable.sed

I was told I need to hexedit my moveable.sed dump from my 03ds to make it work on new 3ds.
Ah, yeah tbh I haven't tried what you were trying so I am unsure what exactly is needed. That said since @cearp was so kind as to show up in the thread, perhaps he can explain it. Its his brain child after all lol

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He originally wanted to just move the files manually, though he may not have been aware that we have 10.3 emunand on the N3DS now.

I am aware that reinand released 10.3 emunand I was going to wait for 10.3 However wont a system transfer delete my savefiles from my o3ds(which I would risk because then I would have to reinstall everything to 03ds and lost gamesaves np however) I dont think unlegit installed cias would transfer in a system transfer anyways.If needs be I can get reinand and upgrade to 10.3 on my n3ds emunand

I am aware that reinand released 10.3 emunand I was going to wait for 10.3 However wont a system transfer delete my savefiles from my o3ds(which I would risk because then I would have to reinstall everything to 03ds and lost gamesaves np however) I dont think unlegit installed cias would transfer in a system transfer anyways.If needs be I can get reinand and upgrade to 10.3 on my n3ds emunand

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1.) Huh that seems weird and tbh I have no idea why it is happening. Probably something related to the save encyption.

2.) I personally would get and set up the 32GB card first, but either way works. Just make sure you do not actually format the system or it will break the encryption used on the data and make you unable to access it.

3.) That is the downside yes. Transferring stuff from sysnand to emunand is generally a one-way process. Technically it can go the other way with a hard mod to dump/inject your nand, but that is not easy for most people.

4.) Ah ok, then yeah once you are downgraded the process for setting up your emunand and cfw on your N3DS is very much like the process on the O3DS, with pretty much the same disclaimers and limitations. The single big exception is that at the moment the N3DS is limited to 9.5 on emunand unless you are using a beta build of either Reinand or Cakes.

Had you formatted your emunand (via system settings) at any point between dumping the ticket.db and trying to inject it?

1) So sad, now I don't know if it's safe to downgrade and that cause I've my cartridge of Super Smash Bors and I don't want to lose my save game....

2) what do you mean about breaking encriptation data? So would you please tell me how to accomplish the downgrade and installation of CFW WITHOUT losing any data of my 4GB micro
SD? whats the best path to back up my info cause as far as I know I need to wipe my microSD twice in the guides I've seen

3) Can you tell me the scenario of getting rid of CFW? what happens with my games, save data (games purchased from eShop, and installed from CIA)

4) Yeah, I know the process is like the O3DS, but as I just have one microSD I'm worried about back ups.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) So sad, now I don't know if it's safe to downgrade and that cause I've my cartridge of Super Smash Bors and I don't want to lose my save game....

2) what do you mean about breaking encriptation data? So would you please tell me how to accomplish the downgrade and installation of CFW WITHOUT losing any data of my 4GB micro
SD? whats the best path to back up my info cause as far as I know I need to wipe my microSD twice in the guides I've seen

3) Can you tell me the scenario of getting rid of CFW? what happens with my games, save data (games purchased from eShop, and installed from CIA)

4) Yeah, I know the process is like the O3DS, but as I just have one microSD I'm worried about back ups.

Downgrading only breaks saves on the O3DS, and then only when you downgrade from 7.x+ to 4.x

\\

kratoz29

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Downgrading only breaks saves on the O3DS, and then only when you downgrade from 7.x+ to 4.x

\\
But only my sysnand is in 4.5 my emunand is in 10.3, why do I have the problem when I put the cartridge in my NN3DSXL with 10.3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.