Homebrew I want to create a forwarder channel for a minor tool someone made, Eject DVD v0.1. How?

Honkinghard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii with a stuck eject button, so I have to eject discs through software. I've found that this simple app called Eject DVD v0.1 works great. However, I rather have it available on the System Menu rather than the added step of having to open Homebrew Channel. Is there a tool to make a simpler forwarder channel, preferably using the icon it uses in Homebrew Channel?

Everything else I've used a forwarder for has been popular enough for downloads to exist. They're in WAD format, so I install with YAMMM and the channel shows up on my System Menu.
I've been searching for a while and have found a few different tools, but am stuck. There seem to be a lot of simple solutions to do what I want but are very old, the download links are dead.

CustomizeWii sounds like it'll do the job, but things don't make sense. I starts out asking me to load a WAD but there isn't one, that's the point. I want to create a WAD that fowards to SD:/APPS/Eject_DVD/boot.dol. I tried loading another forwarder channel WAD just to get started but it then asks for the TitleID and I don't know how to find it.

I found something simpler called UniversalForwarderCreator which seemed like my answer. Here's the ReadMe: https://pastebin.com/8nD2uZFJ
However... it outputs a DOL file. As I understand it, the DOL is the application itself, the WAD simply contains the shortcut.

So, how can I create a simple forwarder on the System Menu that points to SD:/APPS/Eject_DVD/boot.dol ?

Reactions: SaulFabre

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whipped up a quick one for ya before i left work. It's nothing spectacular but it works. I tried the v14 forwarding source, and that code dumped. Then I tried it as a Channel, and that code dumped. Finally tried it as a simple forwarder, and it worked. Sucks that your eject button doesn't work, hope this makes your life easier!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/arhu8blhmmc6mg4/Eject_DVD_-_DZ0A_SF_%5B2nd_Edition%5D.wad/file

If I get time, I'll try and improve it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water