I want to check whats been installed on my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by RemixDeluxe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Member RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Is there an app I can run on the homebrew channel to see what homebrew related things have been installed such as cioses, Mios, priloader? I wanna clean up my Wii of things that I dont use anymore and I would like to see whats on there so I can do just that.

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Post a syscheck using the guide in my signature. Do NOT mess with any of the files on your own. I'll take a look at it and see what you can safely remove.

Keep in mind that you will not benefit from removing softmods, and that it is a dangerous process.

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Here is my SysCheck:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Sorry for taking so long. Anyways I want everything homebrew related off that doesnt involve the functionality of Wiiflow or NeoGamma R9. I also have a priloader on my wii but I would like to keep that too so I can run bootmii in case I brick myself.

4. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Anything for installed channels that you want removed can be most easily deleted through system menu-> wii settings-> data management-> channels

You should keep the homebrew channel, and update it to the latest if you have not already.

5. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Not recommended. Deleting channels via data management won't wipe out channels 100%. Only with applications like AnyTitle Deleter you can delete channels without remaining traces.

6. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Yeah, but I'm not going to make someone who obviously does not have a sound knowledge of the wii enough to not accidentally make a mistake to go and play with something like any title deleter. For the few KBs that are left behind are not enough to worry about where the OP should bother.

7. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Its ok. I dont install channels anyways (except for homebrew of course.) I use all my homebrew programs as apps on the channel. So by looking at this report what isnt needed for Wiiflow or NeoGamma R9? Back then when I didnt know a thing about cioses I just randomly installed things without knowing what they were for.

Also if I remember correctly that deleting ioses in the double digits can brick your wii. I just wanna get rid of junk that isnt nessesary that I may have installed on here. I dont mind using an uninstaller program I can take the risk cause I backed up my Wii.

8. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    You don't have to delete anything listed in your syscheck log, it's perfectly fine. Loaders like NeoGamma and WiiFlow doesn't need official system files, but only custom patched files (cIOS). Currently you have IOS236 (not really needed), IOS249 (unknown rev) and IOS250 (also unknown rev) installed. NeoGamma only works with IOS249 and WiiFlow works with all known cIOS. I recommend updating your IOS249 with the ModMii PC application and Wad Manager to latest d2x IOS249[56] and IOS250 to latest d2x IOS250 [57]. If you want to play gamecube backups and have a compatible drive, you can install any cMIOS also with ModMii. Finally you can optionally install hermes cIOS with ModMii (but isn't really needed).

9. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Ok so basically I should uninstall IOSs 236, 249, 250 and then install cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6 and cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6. Can you confirm back with me on this WiiBricker? Will my Wiiflow and NeoGamma R9 still run after doing all this thats all I want to know.

10. JoostinOnline

United States
    Nobody said anything about uninstalling cIOS's. Just install those two cIOS's and leave the others alone. Deleting them would be stupid, I don't know why you are so set on it.

WiiFlow and NeoGamma will run fine (probably much better) after you install those.

11. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    I just want to clear my wii of unnessesary data thats all. Ill go ahead and install the WADs and give a new report afterwards. So as far as you can see on the syscheck there is nothing that is just junk taking up space?

12. JoostinOnline

United States
    No, it's all fine. You wouldn't get a significant amount of space from deleting a cIOS anyway.

13. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Alright please tell me if I installed correctly in this new check.

14. JoostinOnline

United States
    I can't tell what bases you have in 249 and 250 since you used the second version of SysCheck, but I assume they are base 56 for 249 and base 57 for 250. If that is right, then everything is fine. Personally I would install a lot more to it because I prefer fully softmodded Wii's (it's not like it hurts anything), but if you want the bare minimum, that's good.

15. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    Alright thank you for your help.

16. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    TidiiUp might be a good alternative to ATD for deleting leftover tickets. I'm not 100% recommending its use as I haven't seen enough feedback on its results. I personally have used it, and it did clean out all the old tickets in my Wii without error.

ADDENDUM: One thing to add. Pimp-My-Wii has an excellent INFO option which generates a very detailed report on all titles (IOS, channels, game data, etc...) present in the Wii. I would not recommend using the other features of Pimp-My-Wii as they have historically been problematic, but the INFO feature is solid and the best I've seen.

-[]D

17. JoostinOnline

United States
    There is no need for that, since there are no custom channels installed besides the HBC. If you want to delete a custom channel, just uninstall the wad.

18. RemixDeluxe
    OP

United States
    I noticed my topic is still getting bumped. Anyways I just wanted to make sure nothing else was running on my Wii so there is as least evidence of Homebrew as possible. (with the exception of uses for Wiiflow and NeoGamma)

I got a bonus question if anyone can answer. For some reason I dont get an activity log anymore on my Wii. It doesnt bother me at all but just wondering why it doesnt show up. Even when I play GC games and Wii games from the disk I get no letter showing any recorded time as if I never touched my Wii at all.

19. JoostinOnline

United States
    By "from the disk" do you mean from the Disc Channel? It won't show up through NeoGamma, and you have to change a setting if you want to log game time from WiiFlow.

20. impossible-cbx

Newcomer impossible-cbx Newbie

United States
    I feel like my system storage is running low, Can someone suggest what I could remoe to gain the greatest space back.

Please see attached log.