OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

I decided to buy a M3 Real DS and still I have a few questions. I used to play with my R4DS, but since it's out of date it's time to upgrade =D

So, what do I have to know about the M3?
Is it the best Card on the market after the CycloDS?
Are there any possibilities that the M3 Real dies like the R4 soon?
What awesome features does it have?

And can I organzie my Roms like in R4? I mean [ NDS > e.g. Pokemon Diamond> Pokemon Diamond.nds ] ?

Where can I get it very cheap? I'm living in Germany, so a german Reseller would be very nice =D

Is this this offer secure?

Thanks in advance for your help! =)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I believe that you meant to write M3 in the first question!
Everything you have to know about M3 you can find in the sticky topics on this board....There are few FAQs and they should answer all your questions..
Basically, you can choose from 2 firmwares, default, kinda laggy and slow, but will get RTS update soon..I actually liked default firmware, but some people hate it..
Second firmware is Sakura, if you ask me fastest and visually the best firmware developed up to date (and I believe no one will develop something like this anymore)..It was designed by Moonlight (he created MoonShell) and M3 Team....However, till this date, only Japan version is released (but we hacked and translated it, check my sig for that)..It's fully functional, no problems with anything except homebrew, files larger than 2 MB wont run!
You should also know that Sakura is still under development, and has some bugs and flaws.....But it should all be fixed in the future..

If you're planning to get M3, be sure to get Perfect bundle....It's a little bit more expensive, but you get GBA expansion slot 2, which is also a RAM expansion, and it'll speed up Sakura firmware (yes Sakura is the only firmware that can use RAM expansion to perform better and faster, however you don't need to use it, in that case, Sakura will use swapfile.$$$ onm microSD cart for performance)..Sakura also boots GBA(and NDS too) games much much more faster than default firmware..

It's hardly to say if it's the best cart after the CycloDS..It's all about preferences, for example, I own both M3 Real and CycloDS, and I like using my M3 Real better..I use it with Sakura firmware, and it's great because I'm using lots of media too, Sakura has implemented media player and best DPG viewer (better than last version of MoonShell)..
SO if you like it, maybe it'll be better than CycloDS to you, and maybe it won,t....

Possibility that M3 Real will drop the support soon is really low, they are just releasing new firmware update with new feature (RTS), and they are working on a completely new firmware (Sakura)....Updates are very frequent, and M3 Team has very long history in Nintendo handheld scene..
I think you're pretty much safe to get it..

Check FAQ and you'll see..It's a great cart (mine favorite)..I can't tell for sure about that offer, but you might want to check out this site, I ordered from them before, and I had no problem with shipping or anything, but they are not so cheap (all European sites are kinda pricier than US)..
Here's the link..
http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/m3-ds-real...ot-1-p-545.html

I hope I cleared some stuff for you!!

Zerrix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

Yeah, I meant the M3 Real DS of course xD
and thanks a LOT! You helped me very much! Now I can buy the M3 Real DS without any doubts =D
But 50€ is really too expensive for me xD
I wanted a pack which contains a M3 Real DS + Rumble Pack (Not RAM) + MicroSD Reader I ... Could you plz help out with that in german reseller?^^

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, no problem!!
wink.gif

I know that flashlinker is expensive as crap!! But it's the only site near you.....I know one Italian site but I'm not sure if you'd order from them..

But why don't you order from DealExtreme?! It's very respectable site, it's the cheapest you'll get and you get free shipping....I bought many times from them, no problems..

Only thing is that they are a bit slower, so you'll have to wait for 2-4 weeks to get your flashcart..
I believe this is what you're looking for!
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2728

missfabb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
If you're planning to get M3, be sure to get Perfect bundle....It's a little bit more expensive, but you get GBA expansion slot 2, which is also a RAM expansion, and it'll speed up Sakura firmware (yes Sakura is the only firmware that can use RAM expansion to perform better and faster, however you don't need to use it, in that case, Sakura will use swapfile.$$$ onm microSD cart for performance)..Sakura also boots GBA(and NDS too) games much much more faster than default firmware..
wait, i didn't know that! sakura still runs pretty fast without it though, right?
and does the amount of files you have downloaded onto the flashcart effect the performance of sakura at all?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
missfabb said:
Toni Plutonij said:
and it'll speed up Sakura firmware (yes Sakura is the only firmware that can use RAM expansion to perform better and faster
wait, i didn't know that! sakura still runs pretty fast without it though, right?
and does the amount of files you have downloaded onto the flashcart effect the performance of sakura at all?
Yes, Sakura will perform almost same as without RAM expansion, but it'll ease up on microSD usage if you use RAM...
If you don't use RAM, then Sakura uses file on your microSD called swapfile.$$$ it's a file 16 MB in size, and it's constant reading/writing on your microSD..
And with using RAM expansion booting GBA games is much more faster..

And numbers of files stored on Sakura shouldn't affect using it as long as you leave 20-40 MB free space for performance..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: hoi