I want to buy a cheap game console.

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey, well i decided getting a new game console since i hate my DS and ill be selling it for 50$, anyone got any suggestion for a nice little game console for that price? i was thinking of getting a GBA SP clone from R4I 3DS for 40$, looks very nice but i also saw there is a GBA clone from DX but they were banned? since i saw the GBA clone i don't wanna buy the GBA SP, the main reason i wanted a GBA SP is because i always wanted one as a kid and still want one but when i see a GBA with a modded back light and etc...
But unfortunately they were banned... and had no multiplayer connection... (a friend of mine has a GBA SP) i was also thinking of getting a used PSP but for 50$ there's no way, also i don't like that much the design of the PSP, a large chocolate bar, the main thing i like in the PSP is that they have an actual operative system even though it's not that serious. At the end, can someone recommend me a game console that has the design of a real game console, from 45$ down, (5$ Pizza!) with free shipping worldwide and that has positive comments and isn't complete fresh bull****. Thanks!

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YOU CAN THANK MY LATER!!!

7Lh1Qx1.jpg

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Seems nice, looks like a micro though i have one and i hate it...

Hmm... should i maybe get a used PSP somehow add some more money or get a GBA SP clone? i already had a micro and im not a fan of 2D games much...
I think ill get bored of it after a while.

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Portable, $50, and has 3D games narrows your choice down to the used PSP. Sure people might say there are other options like the dingoo, but things like that have maybe five games designed specifically for them and those are usually pretty crappy. A used and hacked PSP gets you every PSP game, most PSX games, and (some/most)-if-not-all games from every 8-, 16-, and 32-bit console and handheld. Sure you'll probably also have to buy a memory stick, but it's pretty much the only thing near your price range that meets all of your other criteria.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you want an affordable handheld console that's not a DS, I'd suggest the PSP since it has loads of games and even more emulators, but seeing that you're not interested in that either, I suppose a Dingoo or any Android-based handheld console would suit your needs well.

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i never said i didn't like the PSP, i only said i didn't like the DS and the Micro, i've been reading also that PSP games are known as boring, still i don't think im gonna find a used PSP for 50$, i think im just gonna get the GBA SP afterall...

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Yep, i just hate the idea of the new design, but what i most hate is that afterwards they adopted that design for almost every new handheld game console Nintendo produced!
About the PSP i lost interest because a friend of mine has one and he was willing to sell me it for 30$ but after playing 20 different games from all type of games, i found it extremly boring. (Personal idea only)

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, i just hate the idea of the new design, but what i most hate is that afterwards they adopted that design for almost every new handheld game console Nintendo produced!
About the PSP i lost interest because a friend of mine has one and he was willing to sell me it for 30$ but after playing 20 different games from all type of games, i found it extremly boring. (Personal idea only)

isn't there anyway you can jsut get a 3ds, you can find one for 100

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i never said i didn't like the PSP, i only said i didn't like the DS and the Micro, i've been reading also that PSP games are known as boring, still i don't think im gonna find a used PSP for 50$, i think im just gonna get the GBA SP afterall...

The PSP has fantastic controls and great specs for emulation purposes considering the price. As for PSP games, they're high quality and not at all boring - I suggest checking out GBATemp's must-have PSP games list if you're looking for the best of the best.

Dudex199999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
but i don't think im gonna be able to get a PSP for under 50$ with shipping to my country lower than 10$, i gave a bid to a original DS but im 100% sure someone is gonna put more. I'm buying the GBA SP if none of these work.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

...yeaaah, I dunno who told you PSP games are "boring", but whomever it was has no idea what they're talking about...lol.

Definitely go for a PSP. Not only do you have the entire PSP library to play as well as PS1, but you can also emulate SNES/NES/GB/GBC/GBA/N64 games (to a point) as well. The PSP is like...the perfect handheld.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a GBA SP clone is entirely pointless...why sell a DS which capable (under the right conditions) of playing GBA games for an inferior handheld that will play ONLY GBA games. That makes no sense.

I agree with finding a PSP.
Save up for it if you have to. No point going backwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1