nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
My experience was with Samsung EVO brand. It was like this.

One micro SD 256 gb, original from Amazon.

One Micro SD card 512, fake one!! from amazon. They replaced it, but it took time of course and it was kind of infuriating.

Another 512 Micro SD card, it was original this time.

So, yeah, sometimes they send fake cards, don't know why. I even made a post back then, showing the differences between the original and fake ones. There are some key aspects to learn to differentiate a fake from the real deal.

Reactions: binkinator

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I recommend Samsung over Sandisk
Samsung doesn't make 1tb micro sd cards (for now), highest capacity is 512gb. If anyone's selling 1tb samsung micro sd card, it's fake.
1667674949585.png

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okey i have another question, A friend of mine is selling me a 1tb xiaomi sd card, now, xiaomi does not sells 1tb card but he is showing me that he os using 950 and every game works, so, is it possible that the sd card is fake but still has 1tb capacity?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okey i have another question, A friend of mine is selling me a 1tb xiaomi sd card, now, xiaomi does not sells 1tb card but he is showing me that he os using 950 and every game works, so, is it possible that the sd card is fake but still has 1tb capacity?
Probably got it at a bargain store like this one:

9C5B1854-C3C5-4468-95FD-4BBC97626B84.jpeg

87% satisfaction rate is likely from fraudulent positive reviews.

it’s a common trick to take a 64G (or smaller) SDCard and make them show a much larger size. The initial space is usable but once the odometer wraps you either lose that data or it starts overwriting from the beginning. Just having file names doesn’t mean the files are actually there

If it sounds too good to be true…

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably got it at a bargain store like this one:

View attachment 335925

87% satisfaction rate is likely from fraudulent positive reviews.

it’s a common trick to take a 64G (or smaller) SDCard and make them show a much larger size. The initial space is usable but once the odometer wraps you either lose that data or it starts overwriting from the beginning. Just having file names doesn’t mean the files are actually there

If it sounds too good to be true…
Its odd, the sd is of diferent colors, but its 1tb, but i have checked at least 300gb wort of games in his switch. Suposedly he bougt it for 70. I have an offbrand Patriot 512 micro sd, obviously offbrand or fake but it has 512, not gonna buy it from him but still weird, i guess is in netween fake and branded, Must be just very low quality then

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its odd, the sd is of diferent colors, but its 1tb, but i have checked at least 300gb wort of games in his switch. Suposedly he bougt it for 70. I have an offbrand Patriot 512 micro sd, obviously offbrand or fake but it has 512, not gonna buy it from him but still weird, i guess is in netween fake and branded, Must be just very low quality then
somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread but there are actually very few manufacturers of things like this. They take the different qualities and specs and label them based on the requirements of the company that's paying for them. Often times direct competitors come off the same factory floor. Once the order has been filed it's not uncommon to have overruns that the manufacturer will sell on the grey market. They look identical in every way to the real thing but didn't go through the same quality controls. Some of them even make it into the hands of authorized dealers. They can make a quick buck off of these inferior products so they end up in the hands of unsuspecting end consumers. If you paid $70 for what is supposed to be a ~$150 item you can bet you're going to pay that extra $80 in frustration down the line.

Bottom Line: buy a name-brand component from a reputable dealer that will take returns. you'll be glad you did.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I highly doubt it is 1tb, it is highly chance it is one of those bootleg/knockoff. Only legit brand for 1tb are Sandisk, Lexar and PNY

https://www.mi.com/global/list/

Looking at Xiaomi products list, it has no SD card, so that SD card is a 100% knockoff/bootleg SD card, probably a lower capacity card, maybe few hundred GB.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: Absolute_Vile

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
somebody mentioned it earlier in the thread but there are actually very few manufacturers of things like this. They take the different qualities and specs and label them based on the requirements of the company that's paying for them. Often times direct competitors come off the same factory floor. Once the order has been filed it's not uncommon to have overruns that the manufacturer will sell on the grey market. They look identical in every way to the real thing but didn't go through the same quality controls. Some of them even make it into the hands of authorized dealers. They can make a quick buck off of these inferior products so they end up in the hands of unsuspecting end consumers. If you paid $70 for what is supposed to be a ~$150 item you can bet you're going to pay that extra $80 in frustration down the line.

Bottom Line: buy a name-brand component from a reputable dealer that will take returns. you'll be glad you did.
I highly doubt it is 1tb, it is highly chance it is one of those bootleg/knockoff. Only legit brand for 1tb are Sandisk, Lexar and PNY
Dont worry guys im def not gonna buy that, will buy the sandisc of 122, i jist find it odd, that thing is fake and has the storsge it says, identifying in the future is gona be a pain.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont worry guys im def not gonna buy that, will buy the sandisc of 122, i jist find it odd, that thing is fake and has the storsge it says, identifying in the future is gona be a pain.

What @binkinator was saying that on the physical card it might says 1TB, and when you plug into the computer the card might show up as a 1TB micro SD but when you test the card with h2testw it will fail, as it will fail to write 1TB worth of data. The problem with these knockoff/bootleg tend to lead to corruption problem, that why @binkinator said frustration down the line.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What @binkinator was saying that on the physical card it might says 1TB, and when you plug into the computer the card might show up as a 1TB micro SD but when you test the card with h2testw it will fail, as it will fail to write 1TB worth of data. The problem with these knockoff/bootleg tend to lead to corruption problem, that why @binkinator said frustration down the line.
No i mean i did read that, i dont doubth it has less than that, was i explain is that so far i tested around 360 gigas wort of games, so the sd is at least 512, My patriot sd for example is 512 and i recently discovered is fake, but it does has 512, is just much slower akd corrupts easely

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i mean i did read that, i dont doubth it has less than that, was i explain is that so far i tested around 360 gigas wort of games, so the sd is at least 512, My patriot sd for example is 512 and i recently discovered is fake, but it does has 512, is just much slower akd corrupts easely

That why you should always test the card with h2testw when you get it. Then again I haven't got one bootleg/fake buying directly from Amazon, one sold and fulfilled by Amazon, perhaps im lucky.

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That why you should always test the card with h2testw when you get it. Then again I haven't got one bootleg/fake buying directly from Amazon, one sold and fulfilled by Amazon, perhaps im lucky.
Actually thank you for reminding, i completely forgot the name of the app, ima get it right now to test stuff.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far