I want GBA support for DSX

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Nekki, Jan 2, 2007.

Jan 2, 2007

I want GBA support for DSX by Nekki at 3:55 PM (1,091 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Nekki
    OP

Newcomer Nekki Newbie

Hi, i bought my DSX 1 month ago and i'm very happy for the easily management of the roms, saves and compatibility rom-list of this card. The only poor point is the lacking of GBA support. I read in different places about the impossibility of run GBA roms for any slot-1 cards. So, i decide look for a new card just only for GBA in my DSLite. What cart do you recommend me? I'm still using the DSX as a central card for NDS roms, so, i only need gba support from slot-2 card wth a average memory size (256-512 megabytes will be ok for me). I hope to have full compatibility with gba roms but i don't care about RTC for pokemon games. And the last, i hope it fits perfect in my DSLite, no huge card out of the DSLite.

Thank in advance.

2. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    G6 Lite/M3 Lite would do just fine.

3. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Some ppl.....

If you want descent GBA support get a slot2 flashkit.
    In combination with your ds-x you have the ultimate NDS setup [​IMG]

DS-X for DS games M3/F2A/Whatever for GBA

If you want that bad an all in 1 cart then you should have gone for a slot2 device like M3/G6/EZIV/Supercard/Whatever.

I can only say, don't complain about a product you should have known it had no gba support and prolly never will have.
    If you had read around/checked some websites you should have known.

4. bullet007

Member bullet007 GBAtemp Regular

If you want good GBA support, don't get the Supercard

5. Nekki
    OP

Newcomer Nekki Newbie

First, thank for yours reply. Quick question first. For load GBA roms you need the passkey feature of the DSX? i read for NDS roms you need it. What about GBA?

I start to read different websites and i found the EZ Flash 4 deluxe apparently has the best GBA compatibility for the huge internal rom for different save files of the GBA. For G6 and M3 i can find enough comparative information. For EZ4Lite deluxe and M3 you need to buy a sd memory (and adapters). G6 Lite includes 512 megas, but no idea about the saves support. About the passme mode of DSX i found this in the DSX reviews here in GBAtemp:

From dsx forums, Guru (creator of the DSX) says dsx wont work as a passme with M3, but you can use Lovelite (no idea what is) but it writes your firmware. M3 discarded.

The point is, i want the card just for some GBA games (Mario ports, Megaman Zero saga or DK Country saga), so, de EZ4 Lite deluxe looks as the best choice, but is expensive because you need to buy extra memory and card readers.

What do you think about all this arguments? What is you personal experience?

Thank to all

Nekki

EDIT: The question about the passkey function is because there are two version of EZ4 Lite Deluxe. One of them cost 41 USD and the other 52 USD aprox. The last one is a boundle pack that includes passkey3. So, in both you need to buy extra memory (SD).

6. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    For GBA only you don't need a passme device nor do you need to flashme your DS.
    Just pop in the GBA sized GBA flashkit and boot your DS in the DS menu just press the "Start GBA game." button
    Then it should boot into the GBA flashcard menu.

EDIT: SD media isn't that expensive anymore and readers are very cheap You got Multi readers and SD only readers.
    Some give away a SD reader when you buy a SD 1GB card.

Personal, I would go for the EZ4 or the M3 if you want GBA support you pay 1 time a descent (relative cheap) flashkit.
    You can calculate yourself what it would cost to buy all those games you wanna try, just to find out how bad the are.
    If it's only for a FEW games you REALLY want, i would even say, Go buy them, you really want them and you gonna play them alot
    Nothing beats the original, no problems and no worry to delete/overwrite your flashed games.

7. tehcamel

Member tehcamel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    http://scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8235

sneef has 2 ezflashIII cards for sale. a 1gb version for $40 and a 2gb version for $60. if u do some reading you will find out that the ezflash has great rom compatability and also allows for compressed roms. it will stick out of your ndsl however considering the price and the compatability of the card its a good buy.

8. Nekki
    OP

Newcomer Nekki Newbie

Thank DjoeNtje for all your reply. I think i'll go for the EZ4Lite deluxe, since i just need GBA roms and as you write in your last post : "in the DS menu just press the "Start GBA game".

What do you think about this website/store to buy this product:

EZ4 Lite Deluxe (no boundle)

Its not expensive but i don't live in Australia.