Gaming I want a dinosaur rampage game

arcanine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want a game where you control a dinosaur and openly explore a city and destroy everything - flip cars, crush or eat people, smash buildings, etc. There are the Rampage games on SNES, N64 and Wii but they are a bit too cartoony and I would prefer something in 3D. I did find a couple of games like this but they all looked pretty awful. Any recommendations? I have every Nintendo console, iOS, Mac and at a push Windows and Linux.

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it has to be a dinosaur (or generally a large creature) that is harder, even as a sequence in a game I am having a harder time (most will be you as an essentially invincible giant on rails section, or an even lamer dream/trip sequence). For simple active role in mass destruction (so not a strategy game) you have a few more options.

Not a dinosaur but I might suggest Destroy All Humans. I have not played the later entries in the franchise though so be sure you are getting something good if you do go for them.

Back to the SNES then I might suggest King of the Monsters if you missed that one.

On the flip side the Earth Defense Force series could yield something for you.

Mercenaries 2 could scratch an itch, but might be a bit small scale. Back when it was something to note but today it is probably no more exciting than any Just Cause game, Infamous or other GTA clones.

Far Cry Blood Dragon sees techno dinosaurs be enemies but is closer than a lot of things.

Red Faction 3 is a bit more small scale but has its moments too if you are after destruction.

Most of the games have been generally eh (anime tie ins and all that) but there is the option to play as a titan in some of the Attack on Titan games. Likewise some of the giant robot games might have something, but if you find a fun giant robot game (never mind one where you can smash cities) please do share with the class.

Doing a token search there is In Case of Emergency, Release Raptor, which looks like a better effort with unity but is still a 2016 vintage unity game. Primal Carnage might also be worth a look (you certainly get to control big dinosaurs at times), though it is primarily a multiplayer title.

Reactions: zfreeman

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I want a game where you control a dinosaur and openly explore a city and destroy everything - flip cars, crush or eat people, smash buildings, etc. There are the Rampage games on SNES, N64 and Wii but they are a bit too cartoony and I would prefer something in 3D. I did find a couple of games like this but they all looked pretty awful. Any recommendations? I have every Nintendo console, iOS, Mac and at a push Windows and Linux.

Hello.:)

You do not like "Rampage"? :cry:

Reactions: zfreeman

arcanine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestions :) i hope it won't seem ungrateful but I'll respond to each one as it might help to find what i'm looking for if it exists.

Destroy All Humans - hmm, I'll look into it. I think I played one or a game similar to it on the original xbox and it was ok, I would prefer a dinosaur or giant gorilla but maybe this will scratch an itch anyway. I mainly just want to vent anger at society by pretending to physically destroy it.

King of the Monsters - I did look at that, but was put off by it being basically a beat-em-up between two characters and the destruction of humanity a side effect

Earth Defense Force/Mercenaries 2/Far Cry Blood Dragon/Red Faction 3 - they look like really nice games, but i basically hate humans right now and want to destroy them, not the other way round :P

there is the option to play as a titan in some of the Attack on Titan games. Likewise some of the giant robot games might have something, but if you find a fun giant robot game (never mind one where you can smash cities) please do share with the class.- I will have a llook into this avenue, thanks, I will report back if I find anything

In Case of Emergency, Release Raptor - ah man, it's unfinished and looks like it has potential, needs bigger dinosaurs and bigger things to smash, i want to destroy a whole city :P

Primal Carnage - nice game, not sure abbout the settings, and it looks like the missions might be quite constraining

Hello.:)
You do not like "Rampage"? :cry:
I LOVE the rampage games, they're just not specifically what i am looking for.. I don't think the game I want has been made. The ideal thing would be an endless procedurally generated city scape where everything and everyone is destructible and you control an enormous dinosaur. If somebody could make that game i for one would pay a lot of money for it :P

D

Deleted User

there's an xbox 360 game called "doritos: dash of destruction" you play as either a doritos van avoiding a trex or a trex destroying a city, it's been delisted from the store but it is possible to find a copy online and copy it to your 360 without having it hacked, i did this and i can play it fine

arcanine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
there's an xbox 360 game called "doritos: dash of destruction" you play as either a doritos van avoiding a trex or a trex destroying a city, it's been delisted from the store but it is possible to find a copy online and copy it to your 360 without having it hacked, i did this and i can play it fine
hmm now that's close, I can probably get hold of a 360 fairly cheaply if this is what i'm looking for, it looks like the buildings are very easy to destroy might be a bit unsatisfying, i am clearly very needy xD

D

Deleted User

hmm now that's close, I can probably get hold of a 360 fairly cheaply if this is what i'm looking for, it looks like the buildings are very easy to destroy might be a bit unsatisfying, i am clearly very needy xD
if you want buildings that are tougher to destroy there's this n64 game, no dinosaurs though... it's called blast corps, you can get a rom or get it on rare replay for the xbox one

arcanine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if you want buildings that are tougher to destroy there's this n64 game, no dinosaurs though... it's called blast corps, you can get a rom or get it on rare replay for the xbox one
cool game, i might get a cart anyway as i love n64 games. Still hoping for a monster city destruction fest too :tpi:

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ps2 has a pretty good brawler(?) War of the monsters. I was hooked on that for months. I beat it with all the unlockable characters and all. Check it out.

some of the levels are pretty big and you can destroy buildings and throw cars and antennas to impale other buildings. Some explosions and things too.

releasethedogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't think that game ever had a physical release though. I'm not sure how you can find a copy online and copy to the 360 with out it being hacked.

D

Deleted User

I don't think that game ever had a physical release though. I'm not sure how you can find a copy online and copy to the 360 with out it being hacked.
i literally did it myself so i can vouch for being able to copy it onto a 360
it's been dumped, you can just google it, but basically you make a usb stick formatted to the 360, you download something that can edit an xbox 360 formatted stick like horizon, and then you inject it to the usb stick and copy it back to the system

i forget if i had to copy my user account to the stick so that i can tie it to my account license or not but i know it works, and i've never owned a hacked or modded 360, always been stock

Reactions: releasethedogs

releasethedogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i literally did it myself so i can vouch for being able to copy it onto a 360
it's been dumped, you can just google it, but basically you make a usb stick formatted to the 360, you download something that can edit an xbox 360 formatted stick like horizon, and then you inject it to the usb stick and copy it back to the system

i forget if i had to copy my user account to the stick so that i can tie it to my account license or not but i know it works, and i've never owned a hacked or modded 360, always been stock
Wow! Im surprised. Anyway you could point me in the right direction to some sort of guide. I'd like to try this game.

D

Deleted User

Wow! Im surprised. Anyway you could point me in the right direction to some sort of guide. I'd like to try this game.
it's been years since i've done it so i don't think i can recall how or where i found out, i don't even remember where i downloaded the game lol, just spend a few minutes googling and you'll probably figure it out

edit: after a few seconds of googling i found a website that has a download link, it should be the first result for "doritos dash of destruction xbox 360 download" with a forum post titled
"Dash of Destruction Xbox Live Arcade Download (Delisted from XBLA)"

make an xbox 360 usb stick, probably like 4gb or something, copy your user profile to it
after you downloaded that you just download horizon from... wherever you download horizon nowadays
load the usb stick in horizon, then go to where you inject save data and whatnot, i forget where, should be pretty simple to figure out

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: You to not show angry emotion before 12PM :ninja: