Homebrew I wanna make an app... and a forwarder

WiiThePeople1776

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already made icons for my forwarder, but I need the development environment for the app.
I plan for it to be a game loader. It will be a loader planned to run games from a custom server of mine. How do I make the server, the forwarder, and the app?

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have already made icons for my forwarder, but I need the development environment for the app.
I plan for it to be a game loader. It will be a loader planned to run games from a custom server of mine. How do I make the server, the forwarder, and the app?
Hey, have you had any experience with wiiu development or not yet?

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
I am gunna learn c++... what libraries do i need?
Devkitpro?
With all due respect, it will be very hard to transition from HTML, a markup language, to a full blown language like C or C++. HTML doesn't teach you any real fundamentals of programming such as for/while loops, data types, selection statements, etc, etc. I would suggest you learn an easier, higher-level language like Python first and then apply the fundamentals you learned there to a lower-level language like C. Even then, there will be a huge learning curve.

Reactions: E1ite007

WiiThePeople1776

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all due respect, it will be very hard to transition from HTML, a markup language, to a full blown language like C or C++. HTML doesn't teach you any real fundamentals of programming such as for/while loops, data types, selection statements, etc, etc. I would suggest you learn an easier, higher-level language like Python first and then apply the fundamentals you learned there to a lower-level language like C. Even then, there will be a huge learning curve.
thanx

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it is planned to have some code of loadiine built in. It loads games from the network.
Oh, do you mean streaming the games? Would you be able to install USB support with a hard drive?
I also work on Loadiine gx2 Source from time to time. I would like to install USB support

Last edited by XDeltaOne,

WiiThePeople1776

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, do you mean streaming the games? Would you be able to install USB support with a hard drive?
I also work on Loadiine gx2 Source from time to time. I would like to install USB support
it's gonna be able to load the games by looking at the game's extracted files, and load them one by one in a cache. E.g, when a level is loaded, and you wanna go back to the hub world, it loads the hub world, and deletes the level from the cache. like NSMBU. There are gonna be settings where you can choose between 3 save points:
Emu NAND
Real NAND
Cloud (In development)
If you don't have internet, you could just load downloaded games. That is where the Loadiine code comes in.

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's gonna be able to load the games by looking at the game's extracted files, and load them one by one in a cache. E.g, when a level is loaded, and you wanna go back to the hub world, it loads the hub world, and deletes the level from the cache. like NSMBU. There are gonna be settings where you can choose between 3 save points:
Emu NAND
Real NAND
Cloud (In development)
If you don't have internet, you could just load downloaded games. That is where the Loadiine code comes in.
Very interesting

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emu NAND
Real NAND
Cloud (In development)

This actually sounds good. Good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China