I wanna JTAG my 360.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Excellentnuke, Jan 26, 2010.

Jan 26, 2010

I wanna JTAG my 360. by Excellentnuke at 4:43 AM (2,299 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Excellentnuke
    OP

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Jtagging a 360 only lets me run homebrew, correct?

Would it be possible to flash my 360 with iExtreme or something if it is Jtagged?

Is there any possibility of me being banned when I play a legit game on a jtagged 360?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. retiredjerk

Member retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

yes you will get banned..it was in the news a couple of weeks ago..yeah u can flash with iextreme. use it as a non live box

3. moosh01

Member moosh01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Jtagging also lets you play games from HDD, USB or Xbox. You will get banned from Jtagging but if you have a box that can do it I would recommend it.

4. quepaso

Member quepaso GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I adore my jtag'd 360. Have every single XBLA game running from a USB hard drive (The same usb hdd i use for wii games, how awesome is that?) ontop of tons of retail 360 games running off of USB. DLC also works fine.

In fact, i just purchased another exploitable 360 today to have as a backup. They are freakin hard to find tho.

5. Excellentnuke
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the advice guys. I just have one more question. When looking up 10th prestige hacks online, all of them said that they were patched and a jtagged 360 was needed. Wouldn't it be kinda pointless to do this with a jtagged 360 since they will be banned from Live anyway?

6. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    a jtag xbox worked for some time on live, but some people though it was fun to cheat on xbox live, and so microsoft banned everyone with a jtag 360.

7. Excellentnuke
    OP

United States
    So I'm assuming that Microsoft can detect if you are using a jtagged console. Correct me if I'm wrong.

8. moosh01

Member moosh01 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yes they can detect you. If you are looking to play free games on your box Jtagging is the way to go. But don't plan on staying on LIVE for very long any way you go.(LT is yet to be proven in the field, and you still need a Lite-On)

9. Devante

Member Devante Crescent fresh at best.

United States
    Is there a way to transfer saves from a JTAG XBOX to a normal one without getting the ban?

Can you simply use a memory card, or do you think it transfers the ban info too?

10. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Personally I would be inclined to use the FTP and easy drive access afforded by a JTAG modded box and just swap hard drives- transferring the ban is not going to happen although the minor caveat of if later down the line you are hacking games/saves or worse sharing them widely then they may cast their eye your way (they already come down hard on such communities- we saw secdata.bin corrupted for everyone this time, the save sharing types had their 360s revoked as in every update (not necessarily kernel update) is hardcoded to say do not accept files from this 360: http://xorloser.com/?p=45).

11. LittleJonny -Tea

Newcomer LittleJonny -Tea Member

Australia
    J-Tag Console = Possible Ban

LT Firmware = Possible Ban

i-Xtreme Firmware = possible Ban

using any sort of hacked game save on an umodded Xbox 360 = possible Ban

using a console on live that was once modded in any way = possible Ban

As a rule of thumb, messing with anything on your console risks getting you banned.

If you play live, then buy a second console for live, or don't get a mod in the first place.