Hacking I wanna buy a supercard but..

baconofhope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated my dsi firmware to 1.44, so I'm unsure if the DSTwo will work on it; also, I don't know which site that sells the product is actually reliable. Any help would be nice, thanks.

baconofhope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help! By the way, since my budget is relatively low, is the Supercard worth the high price or does an r4 or acekard work?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modchipcentral is a great site. A little more expensive though.

As for if its worth it or not, depends on if you want gba games and better super nes games. Otherwise, stick with ak or r4, even though ak hasnt been updated for 1.44 yey.

Reactions: 1 person

baconofhope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would work with 1.4.4. As for reliable sites, head over to shoptemp.net and check out there. Realhotstuff is very reliable, and if you ask them they'll update your card to the latest firmware as well.
Also, Realhotstuff seems a bit shady; two reviews on shoptemp mentioned that the site tried to take money from their credit cards, so are there any other sites?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well it depends. Do you want GBA/SNES emulation? If so then you have to use the DS2. Else if you just want to use it for DS games the AK2i/R4i Gold both work fine. However, the AK2i doesn't work on 1.4.4 yet and the team doesn't plan on releasing the update until the next 3DS update. So if your DSi is on 1.4.4 now, I would suggest one of the R4i Gold cards. I'm not too familiar with them, though, so I'm not sure which is which and all so check out the flashcard thread in the 3DS section to see which one you should get. Else if your DSi is on 1.4.3 or lower the AK2i would work beautifully, though I might be a little bias...heh.

I had no idea RHS did that...really any shop on shoptemp is generally reliable, just check the reviews before hand. You can also buy from Etcome, which is GBATemps official sponsor!

baconofhope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With R4s you have to be very, very careful when picking out the model, since there's possibly hundreds of clones with bad or no support.

Just go with the DSTwo. It's cheaper than a new game.
Which R4 is the current newest one that supports both 3ds or dsi pretty well?
Edit: Also, how reliable is the gba and snes emulation for superkard?
Edit: Edit: Has RHS fixed their security?

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd just go with the SCDS2, I've had mine for over a year with no problems. The GBA/SNES emulation is great for what I use it for, mainly just GBA pokemon games, they run pretty well. RHS should be good now as far as I know.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For DS2i (& Ds1i & Mini) I have been using kickgaming.com (in canada) prices reasonable and they are good about treating you like a person, solving issues with communications, mail, lost in shiping etc.... etc.. You are valued as a customer there I feel. I have bought cards for other people from there for 3 years now, none ever went bad period. No I donlt know or work for them... Just satisfied with them... I still have my original DStwo from them and with daily use its going on 3 years, maybe 4? Never a problem, everything works well and almsot 0 Non compatibles..(when adjusted properly for your game, rom and system.)

IMO Don't asl if thier caard is any good, ask if ANYone elses is any better or even equal, for it's purposes. I'm runnin nds, snes, GBA, NDS, MAMA ireader, moon etc. all no problems with 16 GB class 4 Kingston, sony formatter preped.

PS If you try updating the firmware on a large mem, it won't work... here's the work around---updating those cards though require a smaller card (2gb) as the DS2 and DS1 doesnt recognize the larger mem for updateing

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo has only been out for a little less than 2 years. It was released in...May of 2010 I think? Anyways, the DSTwo is only considered better for it's GBA/SNES compatibility, which I've heard complaints about too...But meh.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just buy one. If you have the cash; go for it.

My only niggle is that the carts can break more easier than carts without built in processors.

Oh well.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll vouch for RHS being a reliable retailer.

And I'll vouch for the DSTWO, so long as you have the money for it. Yes, people complain about the GBA and SNES emulation because it isn't 100% perfect. Meaning, if you want to have it perfectly playable with correct sound, you may need to enable some degree of frame skipping (usually auto works better than forcing ot to skip every x number of frames), and if you want a perfect frame rate, you might need to disable audio. But when it comes to emulation in such a small package like that it's hard to get it perfect. All I know is CATSFC emulates SNES better than any non-DSTWO SNES emulator out there. And I have no complaints about the GBA one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DBZ 90% filler lol