Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any suggestions?
I wanna buy it so no scanlations please...
I just hate to read manga from my pc/ds/wii.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
you want to buy a nice teen boy one shot? thats sick and illegal!!!

tongue.gif
gotcha there! (i know what you actually mean though haha)

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OSW said:
you want to buy a nice teen boy one shot? thats sick and illegal!!!

tongue.gif
gotcha there! (i know what you actually mean though haha)
Hmm... That's actually a nice idea
smileipb2.png

You knew what meant but you didn't gave suggestion...

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
luke_c said:
1/3 no kareshi, 13, Ability Shop. (I'm only up to B xD)
The first one is a Shoujo... Sorry but no....
And I can't find the other two at Forbidden Planet's site. I'm looking there since I'm gonna make a trip to London with school!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
One shot shounen, that's not usual
tongue.gif

You could try "Role Playing girl", though I don't know if it's available in your country.
The story is a little meh
tongue.gif

but it's shounen and oneshot.

for a not so oneshot suggestion (3 volumes are ok ?), and even younger hero :
"Aqua knight" from Yukito Kishiro (Gunnm author), sadly the story doesn't ends. he stoped (hiatus?) after 3 volumes to go to Gunnm last order.
The Arc story does ends though, so it's ok to read.
It could have become the One piece rivals, they started the same year, and with the same universe (Big ocean world).

Edit :
another Oneshot : "Version", from Isashi Sakaguchi.
It could be hard to find though, it's no more edited.
(at least, in France it's a Oneshot, they never released more)
It's not for/with a teen story. More like a prevision view on planet and life.

PS : You are looking for shounen with teens inside ?
or a shounen for a teen to read it ?
It's maybe the former ...

I think role playing girl is a good choice, funny and short.

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
One shot shounen, that's not usual
tongue.gif

You could try "Role Playing girl", though I don't know if it's available in your country.
The story is a little meh
tongue.gif

but it's shounen and oneshot.

for a not so oneshot suggestion (3 volumes are ok ?), and even younger hero :
"Aqua knight" from Yukito Kishiro (Gunnm author), sadly the story doesn't ends. he stoped (hiatus?) after 3 volumes to go to Gunnm last order.
The Arc story does ends though, so it's ok to read.
It could have become the One piece rivals, they started the same year, and with the same universe (Big ocean world).

Edit :
another Oneshot : "Version", from Isashi Sakaguchi.
It could be hard to find though, it's no more edited.
(at least, in France it's a Oneshot, they never released more)
It's not for/with a teen story. More like a prevision view on planet and life.

PS : You are looking for shounen with teens inside ?
or a shounen for a teen to read it ?
It's maybe the former ...

I think role playing girl is a good choice, funny and short.
Role Playing Girl: Placed on my list.
I'm making a list for when I enter the [epic]Forbidden Planet Megastore[/epic]
smileipb2.png

London here I come!!!

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
Sylar1 said:
Our posts get modded, but the mod who modded them didn't mod his own post....

nice.....
Give a recommendation (
wacko.gif
) or shut up
tongue.gif

Ok
frown.gif

since i honestly have no clue what the nheck one teen shoopdem or whener is, i will just recommend 1/3 harushi nor whatever since luke_c did

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if theres places to buy manga in the Netherlands, but presuming there is, I'd suggest going there and having a browse.
I used to read a lot of manga, but I don't remember reading any amazing oneshots.

P.S. kwartel: In general, please don't bump unless there hasn't been any replies for a significant time (more than a few days) or if the question is urgent. At least, if you feel the need to bump, please add some extra information to your topic so that there is some constructive progress.

Sylar1: I made a joke which is ok (we aren't nazi moderators), however you repeated the joke, which is kinda pointless and further derailing a legitimate topic. Hope you understand me, but if you really feel that my actions were inequitable, I don't mind to remove my post for you.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
I don't know if theres places to buy manga in the Netherlands, but presuming there is, I'd suggest going there and having a browse.
I used to read a lot of manga, but I don't remember reading any amazing oneshots.

P.S. kwartel: In general, please don't bump unless there hasn't been any replies for a significant time (more than a few days) or if the question is urgent. At least, if you feel the need to bump, please add some extra information to your topic so that there is some constructive progress.

Sylar1: I made a joke which is ok (we aren't nazi moderators), however you repeated the joke, which is kinda pointless and further derailing a legitimate topic. Hope you understand me, but if you really feel that my actions were inequitable, I don't mind to remove my post for you.

Nah it's fine, i see where you're coming from, it was cool of you to offer though

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OSW said:

The point is that I'm going to London very soon and I planned a visit to the Forbidden Planet Megastore! But I don't have the cash to buy complete series
tongue.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can't you by manga in your country if you can't afford it while at london ?
or buy from internet store.

The point is that Shounen are hardly one shot. You'd better take a look to see what they have when you will be there.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well in the Netherlands you have the selexyz stores, which have several series (and if you're near Rotterdam there's Yendor in the downtown area which carries a larger selection).
But for a short series, well there is a geass version called Suzaku of the counterattack which consists of two volumes (though I would recommend looking at it first because the story is quite different).
Beyond that, well except the Zelda series, which are all novelisations? (mangaisations? how do you call that?) of the different games, and span at the most two volumes (most of them one) I don't really know of any short ones (the shortest after that is eight volumes).

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
can't you by manga in your country if you can't afford it while at london ?
or buy from internet store.

The point is that Shounen are hardly one shot. You'd better take a look to see what they have when you will be there.
In London it's cheaper
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(nasune @ May 4 2010, 01:10 PM) Well in the Netherlands you have the selexyz stores, which have several series (and if you're near Rotterdam there's Yendor in the downtown area which carries a larger selection).
But for a short series, well there is a geass version called Suzaku of the counterattack which consists of two volumes (though I would recommend looking at it first because the story is quite different).
Beyond that, well except the Zelda series, which are all novelisations? (mangaisations? how do you call that?) of the different games, and span at the most two volumes (most of them one) I don't really know of any short ones (the shortest after that is eight volumes).
In Groningen you have a selexyz too, it has a manga wall
smileipb2.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs