ROM Hack I used P/D pokesave on a platinum save....

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now it's corrupted. Is there any way to uncorrupt the save? I had a back up, but because I was juggling 4 different saves, moving pokemon around, I accidentally deleted it.

If there is no way to uncorrupt the save, then so be it. I'll just extract the pokemon files, and move them to a new game (I had just gotten to nicknaming my first pokemon. I wanted to get all three starters without trading)

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the only thing I wanted to do was take out pokemon files. I loaded up D/P pokesav, and then loaded the game file. I looked, and it was all gibberish (because it was platinum, and didn't work. I thought it would. lolnoobme) I can't recall if I tried loading a gibberish named pokemon, and saving. I don't think I did. I searched the site I got, thinking, it could be a version thing, and it was. I loaded up the platinum pokesav, and then loaded my game, everything looks fine. Moved the pokemon around, saved, loaded it into my dstwo, and then it gives me the error "The save file has been corrupted, and has been deleted" or something along those lines. good thing it wasn't actually deleted, and I can still edit it perfectly.

I can't remember if I touched anything else, but I'm 99% sure that I didn't, since my motive was just to move pokemon around, not edit anything.

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I moved the pokemon to a storage box. But before I did that, I was having the corrupt game issue. I didn't use the official platinum editor until after I got the corrupt game save.

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OH NOO!!! U dont need to move boxes to another Game!!!
I hade the same problem! my savegame was corupted too!
But i Found a Way to rescue my savefile!
Open your corupt savefile with Pokesav! and then click "Save AS" then its create a new savefile without the corruption!
Then use the new created savefile for ur game!
Hope i Could help!

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just have to rename the save? Sweet deal.

I didn't move a pokebox, I just moved pokemon into it. xD

EDIT: I just renamed the save file. It didn't fix it. I don't think I completely understood what you were trying to say with "without the corruption". I don't know exactly what is wrong.
frown.gif

The exact phrase I get when I see the corruption is "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage"

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I started a new game. (from a save state that I was using on my dstwo.

I move the pokemon onto the game. (some of the pokemon are from soulsilver) I save the file, then I go to load, still corrupted. I just tried to convert the file (as per the pokesav site) and that didn't work.

Could the issue be that I'm loading a save state from save slot 1 while I'm trying to save to save slot 3?

Any help with moving pokemon into boxes? I am just putting them in there, and it seems to do nothing...

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I saw that, but I was moving them into the boxes.

I used a save state because my save file got corrupted, didn't have a back up (mixed up) and the save state was the only thing I had, so I started there, then saved a new sav file.

Oh, and it was right before I got to choose pokemon from the proffessor, so I would be able to quickly load that save state, pick a pokemon, save the sav file, go onto the computer, retrieve pokemon, rinse repeat, then put it into the final save that I'd use to move on.

I'm just giving up. All the solutions I tried have failed. I'll start over, and not do any hacking. I'm too much of a noob. lol Thanks for trying to help though. Unless someone has seen this exact problem, I don't think anyone will be able to find out what's wrong. =/

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. I had one pokemon in my party. Maybe it's because I saved the game and started editing right after that part where you name the pokemon you get? is there something that unlocks pokemon boxes or something like that later in the game?

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
jakeyjake said:
So, I just have to rename the save? Sweet deal.

That was NOT what you were to do. You were to take your save file (not save state) and then "Save as ..."
That's what I did. I did it through the thing, saved it as a different name in a different location, and it failed.

I did found out, however, that my problem did not lie with the editor. It was the save state all a long.
frown.gif
I tried loading from that save state, saving a sav file, then loading that sav file, and it was messed up. So I just restarted.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi