i used mod mii to mod my wii plz help for gc games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cameron26, Mar 2, 2011.

1. cameron26
    OP

Newcomer cameron26 Member

United States
    Im up to 4.2 everything works perfect but when i play a gc game it brings up a back up Chanel.(even tho its the original game.) then tells me there is a error and wont play it [​IMG]

2. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    Do you have a modchip?
    If you have it, install MIOSv10 (official nintendo mios)

3. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    which MIOS are you using? if it's wiigators it always returns an error with retail games. If you wait a few moments it should boot it anyway.

4. cameron26
    OP

Newcomer cameron26 Member

United States

its soft modded. Im not even useing the back up channel. Im useing the reg chanel to play games.

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    that menu allows your Wii to play backup discs of gamecube games (assuming the wii is capable of playing backup discs in the first place). If you want to avoid seeing that menu (and lose the ability to play backup discs of gamecube games), u can install MIOSv10 - u can download that from ModMii's download page 1.
    Or u can try what Hells Guardian suggested, which is wait to see if the game loads despite the error

6. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    As I explained Wiigators cMIOS will always show the menu screen weather you have a legit disc or not. If the disc is a retail disc It returns a read error this is just because the MIOS assumes it's a backup. If the error occurs the MIOS proceeds to boot the disc without patching.