I used BoTW mods in sysnand, I'm gonna be banned?

jigoku99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using emunand for my CFW stuff but then I booted CFW sysnand by error and played BoTW. The mods were still activated.

Just that, the mods only change the model of Link. No cheats or save editing. It's the only thing I used, I haven't pirated anything even in emunand. I was in airplane mode anyway

I can't find any concrete answer about if using only mods is illegal for Nintendo, I'm not connecting to the internet yet because I'm not sure

jigoku99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emunand is always in airplane mode, but sysnand it's not. However my WiFi hotspot was turned off so it wasn't connected to the internet when it happened

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The moment you decided to hack your switch theres always a "Risk" but no single player game mods dont really result a ban

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why confuses me because some says its not dangerous but others say the opposite :/
B/c ppl will just say anything can get you banned here to save the trouble of explaining. Realistically no ,sinlge player mods has never warrant a ban and being offline reinforces that. We have tons of ppl using mods for Smash bros offline and I use mods in Pokemon games still no ban on my side. So I cant really agree with others on that. But if you want to be 100% safe dont hack at all.

Reactions: LeMageFro

jigoku99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has been reports of people banned for simple mods like that? Or using themes (I installed my custom theme in emunand but it shows in sysnand too and that's why I didn't realize at first)

I know people got banned for pirating or using save editor badly. But with modding is always contradictory

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has been reports of people banned for simple mods like that? Or using themes (I installed my custom theme in emunand but it shows in sysnand too and that's why I didn't realize at first)

I know people got banned for pirating or using save editor badly. But with modding is always contradictory
Nope. 90% of the bans consist of piracy and edited saves and cheats online via multiplayer content. If ppl were getting banned b/c of mods then there wouldn't be modding communities to support that.
Using texture mods on switch games is no different than using mods for a PC game only you can see the changes. Just don't go online with them active. Also your not changing any files in the game

jigoku99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. 90% of the bans consist of piracy and edited saves and cheats online via multiplayer content. If ppl were getting banned b/c of mods then there wouldn't be modding communities to support that.
Using texture mods on switch games is no different than using mods for a PC game only you can see the changes. Just don't go online with them active. Also your not changing any files in the game
And the other 10%? 👀

jigoku99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine clocks don't modify anything because it's hardware, but reversnx is also only hardware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: