Question I used a RajNx, what if i now Update to 6.0.0 ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by VicMac, Sep 26, 2018.

1. VicMac
    OP

VicMac Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2018
    Italy
    Hi all, i have a question.
    I used RajNx to start my "custom firmware"/layer (i still haven't understood what it is exactly).I also played a couple of NSPs. Everything was ok. I'm on 5.1 firmware

Seen that it is a Tetherer Firmware, if i now start in "normal mode" and i update the console to 6.0.0, will i wipe all Riajnx info from my console ? Will it be virtually indistinguishable from 6.0 one never "custom firmwared" ?
    :-)

Thanks.

Victor

2. Captain_Smek

Captain_Smek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2018
    Canada
    Just stay on 5.1 if you need help installing something just ask on one of the forums. There's no current benefit or absolute need for 6.0 right now and some things are still not 100% running properly on 6.0 vs 5.1.

ccprodigy and Taorn like this.
  3. VicMac
    OP

VicMac Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2018
    Italy
    Thanks Cap :-)

I will sure stay on 5.1, but my question was , in other words : After using a CF and updating to a newer OF version, does this new version wipes out all the tricks did with CF or something will still remain ? (it's a curious/techical question)

:-)

Vic

Captain_Smek likes this.
  4. Captain_Smek

Captain_Smek GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2018
    Canada
    It wont
    If you were to boot into official firmware and update, the system logs would still show you had used cfw. There is always the risk of being banned later because we don't really know how much info they collect and send back.

I hope that answers better.

VicMac likes this.
  5. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    You need 6.0 to play online :creep:

6. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada