Hacking i updated to the newest firmware but new JPN game still asked for an u

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have firmware 3.3U running and everything seems to be working fine. today i went to play a new JPN game that i burned and it asked me to do i system update. obviously i didn't update because i don't want to brick my Wii. what confuses me is, if i have the newest firmware running why did the game ask me to update? i have had the newest firmware other times and when i played games from other regions that i know have an update they never asked me to update. why did this happen? does it have something to do with that Photo Printer Channel in Japan?

nysid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if it's a different region between games and the console, it will always ask for an update.
If u allow it, probably you'll got double weather/news channel.

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i swear that i have played games from other regions that came with an update before and when i had the newest firmware installed the game never asked me to update. if i had the newest firmware installed and i put in a game from my region that contained an update it wouldn't ask me to update, would it?

i mean the whole thing is not a big deal at all. i know not to update from a game of a different region. it just sucks because i used to not have to use WUM to switch region updates if my firmware was up to date. now you are saying i will have to use WUM every time i play a game from another region even when my firmware is up to date?

the game is Wario Land Shake JPN.
i like it a lot.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are already at 3.3U - a Japanese game updating won't brick your wii. You will get duplicate channels though - but maybe you already have them.

The reason it is asking to update is not a system update as such - but it has detected that you have out of date Japanese News/Weather and will update them.

You'll only brick/semi brick if running a newer out of region update than what you are at.

Personally - I just make sure I'm up to date, and then let the out of region updater run.

warfab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The update from Wario Land Shake JPN may also install "Digital Camera Print Wii Channel" which is the minor update to the 3.3J...

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
warfab said:
The update from Wario Land Shake JPN may also install "Digital Camera Print Wii Channel" which is the minor update to the 3.3J...

True, but unlikely at this stage.

To be safe - make super-sure you are 100% up to date (via system settings) before running it.

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the whole thing is not really a problem for me. i simply run WUM and switch the JPN update with a USA one. however, i didn't know this game was going to ask for an update until after i burned it. so, i had to run the ISO through WUM and burn it again. so the biggest problem was that i wasted a DVD-R. i would never run an update off of a game that was from a different region even if it might only create duplicate channels. it is an easy fix with WUM and to me it isn't worth the risk.

i was just curious as to why this game asked me to update since i have done this before with a foreign game when i had the latest firmware and i was never prompted to update. i had a feeling it might have been because of the new JPN Print Channel but i guess some of you think that isn't too likely.

SenorClean, what you said about the Weather and News Channels makes sense. that is probably it but like i said i have done this before and it never prompted an update. weird.

ploggy, i don't think so but the game is not super complicated. i am only missing out on one side quest because i don't know Japanese and i can't figure out what the game is asking for.

anybody know what it says next to the red guy with the bandana? other people have said it says something about a bandana and the number 3. hahaaha. not much help.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u44/mad...22/100_3120.jpg

vacuum

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
priapism said:
the whole thing is not really a problem for me. i simply run WUM and switch the JPN update with a USA one. however, i didn't know this game was going to ask for an update until after i burned it. so, i had to run the ISO through WUM and burn it again. so the biggest problem was that i wasted a DVD-R. i would never run an update off of a game that was from a different region even if it might only create duplicate channels. it is an easy fix with WUM and to me it isn't worth the risk.

i was just curious as to why this game asked me to update since i have done this before with a foreign game when i had the latest firmware and i was never prompted to update. i had a feeling it might have been because of the new JPN Print Channel but i guess some of you think that isn't too likely.

SenorClean, what you said about the Weather and News Channels makes sense. that is probably it but like i said i have done this before and it never prompted an update. weird.

ploggy, i don't think so but the game is not super complicated. i am only missing out on one side quest because i don't know Japanese and i can't figure out what the game is asking for.

anybody know what it says next to the red guy with the bandana? other people have said it says something about a bandana and the number 3. hahaaha. not much help.

I think it says : Bandana 3 times continuous jump.

priapism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vacuum said:
priapism said:

I think it says : Bandana 3 times continuous jump.

that could make sense. i'll have to try it. thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM