Homebrew I updated to CFW. GM9 and Luma3DS so now what? Where's my homebrew?

IvanB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I followed the https://3ds.hacks.guide/ on my O3DS and everything ran fine. Where's my homebrew launcher now ? I used GM9 to put homebrew launcher in the OH&S menu.
But when I start it says to me.
"Luma3DS is not configured to load homebrew launcher
1. Open Rosalina (select+L+D)
2. go to Miscellanous options
3. Switch the homebrew title to hblauncher_loader.
4. go back and save settings.
Exit Rosalina menu close this app and open again"

It fails at step 3 saying "Operation failed (no suitable process found).

IvanB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That worked perfectly thank you. Why didn't I see this covered anywhere? So tell me if I understand this right. With GM9 I basically set up what cia to inject from Rosalina menu. Then I can do it with any .cia file? I am assuming with any homebrew I have the .cia for I can then inject into an icon on the normal Home menu? Am I understanding things correctly ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That worked perfectly thank you. Why didn't I see this covered anywhere? So tell me if I understand this right. With GM9 I basically set up what cia to inject from Rosalina menu. Then I can do it with any .cia file? I am assuming with any homebrew I have the .cia for I can then inject into an icon on the normal Home menu? Am I understanding things correctly ?
Because you don't need it. After following that guide you should have a separate HBL app you can use to run .3dsx homebrew. As for .cia homebrew those can just be installed normally with FBI. Injecting with GM9 the way you did is obsolete and the Rosalina injection is only needed once to run FBI in order to install some things and is no longer needed afterwards.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

IvanB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I rebooted after following that guide there was no seperate HBL app in the Home menu. Okay I've never used FBI before. Can I now use say ZXDS emulator on my 3DS ?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most 3DS users who hack their systems the first time are usually good with following directions in that Rosalina Menu HBL injection part, but there are some who can't understand what the written instructions are referring to until seeing a visual guide.

3DS custom firmware is a bit tricky to explain for a first timer. Just know that GodMode9, Luma3DS, and boot9strap are three major components of your custom firmware group; the 3DS open/official firmware is a separate entity from that of the custom firmware.

Also know that most homebrew apps come in two forms: (1) *.cia that are installed and launched from HOME Menu and (2) *.3dsx that are launched with Homebrew Launcher.

There's a Homebrew Launcher *.cia that's used as a placeholder HOME Menu icon, and there's a boot.3dsx in which the Luma3DS Rosalina Menu injects (piggyback off of / chainload from / hide behind ) into a compatible HOME Menu title; these would be your system titles like Download Play, AR Games, Health & Safety, etc.

The Homebrew Launcher *.cia is for preference if you like injecting the boot.3dsx into it. Yes, this is very confusing, you just got to mess around and play with it until you're familiar with what's what.

For any further questions, use the GBAtemp search feature or ask at:

IvanB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using just HBL for ages and didn't update my system since 11.2.35E as not to break it but I'm all down with CFW. I think I'm getting the hang of it. I used FBI to install HBL.cia and a couple of other things and now they all show up on my home menu like magic! At first when I launched the HBL icon i got the same error as above but with Rosalina menu I just did the thing in the vid and now tada it all works a treat. If I wanted to I should be able to convert the .3dsx to .cia and hence run homebrew from the home menu I'm guessing that's what GM9 does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs