Hacking I updated to 1.4.5E. Am I screwed? >_>

KingMiniMoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got my Acekard 2i and wanted to update my DS to 1.4.4. It just so happens that Nintendo released firmware 1.4.5 today and now my Acekard doesn't work. Looking around on this forum I get the impression that they are no longer releasing updates for the Acekard. Did I waste my money on this card?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have a DS Lite, then no you didn't waste your money.
If you only have a 3DS or DSi, then yeah you pretty much wasted your money at this point.

There is a slim chance that the Acekard Team might be able to make an update, but that's very slim considering the extremely low amount of usable exploits left.

KingMiniMoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's...just great. I don't have a Lite anymore. Isn't it so that other flashcards already received their firmware fix? Doesn't that mean that it should be easy for the Acekard team to fix their flashcard as well?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
You guys forget that flashcarts that DO support the latest 3ds/dsi updates were released about 1-2 years AFTER the AK2i and as such have newer and better hardware. The AK2i was only of, if not the first dsi compatible flashcarts and it hasn't changed hardware in awhile now. Clones have updated multiple times because they had too. There is still hope but because of the recent save checks nintendo added (most flashcarts AK2i included don't emulate this) it makes it harder to get through nintendos checks. An update is still being actively worked on but its not as easy as some people seem to think it is.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You guys forget that flashcarts that DO support the latest 3ds/dsi updates were released about 1-2 years AFTER the AK2i and as such have newer and better hardware. The AK2i was only of, if not the first dsi compatible flashcarts and it hasn't changed hardware in awhile now. Clones have updated multiple times because they had too. There is still hope but because of the recent save checks nintendo added (most flashcarts AK2i included don't emulate this) it makes it harder to get through nintendos checks. An update is still being actively worked on but its not as easy as some people seem to think it is.
Has the team considered new hardware? Given how long the AK2i was "the" cart and given how people like AKAIO, they'd probably want it.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
And if i may, it's totaly stupid to use a DS flascard with a 3DS console, because the screen distorts the image from a DS game !

You can use DSLite (for me it's the best), DSi and DSi XL to play DS games !

Somebody know what's append with the new 1.4.5 DSi Firmware with Ak2i ?
The DSi receive "the recent save checks nintendo" or not ?

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely more comfortable to play DS/DSi games on a Lite or DSi/XL, though it's still quite comfortable to use the 3DS's D-pad with a bit of acclimation.

Only one, maybe two games are significantly more comfy on the older handhelds. I was pretty surprised, actually.

And I really would look forward to an Acekard with newer hardware, as it's been my favorite of all the different cards I've used. The DSTwo simply guzzles too much power while in the game slot, since the hardware powering the sd card slot and the processor don't turn off in sleep mode.

SD456

Dude
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated to 1.4.5E :( I just noticed that AceKard 2i do not support this firmware. I have a DSi and a DS Lite. What can I do now ?

I cannot use my DSi until Acekard team update the acekard firmware to 1.4.5 ?

I always check the updates, before I update my DSi. I missed it this time, I had some troubles with Animal Crossing, and I thought that I need a system update to fix it. I will never ever do this again!

Anybody know when Nintendo released this update ? I hope that the Acekard team will release an updated firmware for AK2i.

SD456

Dude
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
System updates don't affect DS games, for future reference.

The update came out within the last week or so, but the Acekard team stopped giving out updates a few months back.

So, the Acekard team isn't going to give the DSL/DSi users any further updates ? The are only making updates for 3DS, from now on?
That's pretty sad if it is true... :(

SD456

Dude
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The original DS and Lite don't have firmware updates that block carts, the AK2i will always run on them.

We don't know if they're going to make any more DSi or 3DS updates. They still haven't released updates for the two latest 3DS firmwares.

I see, thank you for the heads up!

SD456

Dude
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are looking for a replacement for the AK2i, as they might not release a 1.4.5 fix, I would suggest the Supercard DSTWO or the real R4i Gold located at http://www.r4ids.cn/.

I know about Supercard DSTWO, I wanted that flash, but I had to choose the AK2i, as the DSTWO wasn't on stock where I've ordered my flashcart.
Anyway, I will buy a DSTWO sometime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm