I updated my Gateway 3ds to 11.3, is it too late for me?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gonzak, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Gonzak
    OP

Gonzak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Peru
    Emunand stopped working for me, I was using Rxtools and such and yesterday when the 3ds prompted me to update for online playing i foolishly did it without first checking if it was safe. I understand that this is entirely my fault for not being up to date and that this question has probably been asked many times already but is there any way to change CFW or any other fix in my current position?.

2. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    If you have a recent emuNAND backup, restore that. Otherwise, switch to Luma and hope that some kind of downgrade tool can downgrade (CIA based, homebrew won't work). This for sure isn't possible outside of CFW, but Luma might patch this (but it's been a while since I checked, so it might not.)

3. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    If what you updated was EmuNAND, then you can simply install A9LH from your 9.2 SysNAND, and clone EmuNAND to SysNAND after you finish this. Your EmuNAND will be working again.

If you don't know how to install A9LH, follow this:

https://3ds.guide/

Only extra steps are that you will clone EmuNAND to SysNAND with Hourglass9 after you finish the process.

Last edited by Olmectron, Mar 30, 2017
  4. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    install a nand backup if you can. also make sure to install a9lh if you haven't already. gateway stated they will be releasing the fix for the update along with "something else" in april.

5. Gonzak
    OP

Gonzak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Peru
    Yes only my EmuNAND was updated my SyNAND is still on 9.2, ill probably go with this method so thanks e.e.

I only have the initially created backups and those where from a few years ago.

6. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Make a sysnand backup first before you do. While you'll be able to boot using other CFW like Luma, you will not be able to boot using Gateway. If you try booting sysnand with Gateway on 11.3, A9LH will be deleted and you will no longer have access to hacks.

If you have save files from Gateway you want to use in CIA versions of games, you can restore the sysnand backup I suggested making to emunand so you can boot Gateway long enough to make the backups.

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. Gonzak
    OP

Gonzak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Peru
    I think my A9LH was already deleted, when i try to boot up Emunand with RXTools i only get black screen the slightly flashes white. I know that my SysNAND is still on 9.2 because i checked it a while ago. I still have access to homebrew channel if that helps. Is there any way to check if A9LH is still there? Can A9lh be reinstalled?

Last edited by Gonzak, Mar 30, 2017
  8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you have rxTools, you don't have a9lh.

Follow https://3ds.guide/get-started.

9. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bize Her Yer Trabzon
    Or... You could wait a few more days until they release the fw upgrade, then you don't have to do anything :P

10. Gonzak
    OP

Gonzak Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Peru
    I will have to wait and see how it works on other people, waiting mode activated.

11. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    Waiting for Gateway is not worth it.

Easier to forget Gateway and install A9LH, you'll have your 3DS up and running in less than 1 hour right now.

But, okay. It's your choice.

DrkBeam, KunoichiZ and Quantumcat like this.