Hacking I updated my Gateway 3ds to 11.3, is it too late for me?

Gonzak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Emunand stopped working for me, I was using Rxtools and such and yesterday when the 3ds prompted me to update for online playing i foolishly did it without first checking if it was safe. I understand that this is entirely my fault for not being up to date and that this question has probably been asked many times already but is there any way to change CFW or any other fix in my current position?.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
If you have a recent emuNAND backup, restore that. Otherwise, switch to Luma and hope that some kind of downgrade tool can downgrade (CIA based, homebrew won't work). This for sure isn't possible outside of CFW, but Luma might patch this (but it's been a while since I checked, so it might not.)

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Emunand stopped working for me, I was using Rxtools and such and yesterday when the 3ds prompted me to update for online playing i foolishly did it without first checking if it was safe. I understand that this is entirely my fault for not being up to date and that this question has probably been asked many times already but is there any way to change CFW or any other fix in my current position?.
If what you updated was EmuNAND, then you can simply install A9LH from your 9.2 SysNAND, and clone EmuNAND to SysNAND after you finish this. Your EmuNAND will be working again.

If you don't know how to install A9LH, follow this:

https://3ds.guide/

Only extra steps are that you will clone EmuNAND to SysNAND with Hourglass9 after you finish the process.

Last edited by Olmectron,

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install a nand backup if you can. also make sure to install a9lh if you haven't already. gateway stated they will be releasing the fix for the update along with "something else" in april.

Gonzak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
If what you updated was EmuNAND, then you can simply install A9LH from your 9.2 SysNAND, and clone EmuNAND to SysNAND after you finish this. Your EmuNAND will be working again.

If you don't know how to install A9LH, follow this:

https://3ds.guide/

Only extra steps are that you will clone EmuNAND to SysNAND with Hourglass9 after you finish the process.

Yes only my EmuNAND was updated my SyNAND is still on 9.2, ill probably go with this method so thanks e.e.

If you have a recent emuNAND backup, restore that. Otherwise, switch to Luma and hope that some kind of downgrade tool can downgrade (CIA based, homebrew won't work). This for sure isn't possible outside of CFW, but Luma might patch this (but it's been a while since I checked, so it might not.)

I only have the initially created backups and those where from a few years ago.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes only my EmuNAND was updated my SyNAND is still on 9.2, ill probably go with this method so thanks e.e.
Make a sysnand backup first before you do. While you'll be able to boot using other CFW like Luma, you will not be able to boot using Gateway. If you try booting sysnand with Gateway on 11.3, A9LH will be deleted and you will no longer have access to hacks.

If you have save files from Gateway you want to use in CIA versions of games, you can restore the sysnand backup I suggested making to emunand so you can boot Gateway long enough to make the backups.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Gonzak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Make a sysnand backup first before you do. While you'll be able to boot using other CFW like Luma, you will not be able to boot using Gateway. If you try booting sysnand with Gateway on 11.3, A9LH will be deleted and you will no longer have access to hacks.

If you have save files from Gateway you want to use in CIA versions of games, you can restore the sysnand backup I suggested making to emunand so you can boot Gateway long enough to make the backups.

I think my A9LH was already deleted, when i try to boot up Emunand with RXTools i only get black screen the slightly flashes white. I know that my SysNAND is still on 9.2 because i checked it a while ago. I still have access to homebrew channel if that helps. Is there any way to check if A9LH is still there? Can A9lh be reinstalled?

Last edited by Gonzak,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think my A9LH was already deleted, when i try to boot up Emunand with RXTools i only get black screen the slightly flashes white. I know that my SysNAND is still on 9.2 because i checked it a while ago. I still have access to homebrew channel if that helps. Is there any way to check if A9LH is still there? Can A9lh be reinstalled?
If you have rxTools, you don't have a9lh.

Follow https://3ds.guide/get-started.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool