Hacking I understand cyclo won't work with DSi

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hardware as in some bootstrap and hardwritten ROM data flashcarts have. Software as that the exploit is still in software level (and is not that legal) - The new flashcarts at moment changed it so it is flashable, what cycloDS is not in the bootROM level (only internal firmware level)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Tac 21 said:
interesting...

Cyclo could make a newer one if they cared about DSi eh?

I think their reason to NOT make one is clear if you look what happened to every other flashcart.

IMHO; they were one of first ones to find the same exploit aside with Acekard team, but CycloDS team decided that the water's too hot to try take swim in. Now some retailers (dealextreme) have been forced to take down all brands of flashcarts that sell DSi compatible carts, while CycloDS still can be on inventory.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Team Cyclops could have released a DSi flashcart much earlier (the crack-down on DSi compatible flashcarts only started more recently). I think it's more likely they decided somewhere along the line that releasing a DSi-compatible flash cart wasn't worth the investment that would have to go producing a new cart, and they could just make more money sticking with the current model.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They were for awhile considering making a flashcard that will work for the DSi but as Sumea and Chrono have stated, they don't think it's worth it.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really don't think they will release a DSi-compatible Cyclo, as it's already way too late for that. Unless they surprise everyone by finding a way to hack DSi-mode, but I really doubt that will happen.
I'm just glad that Team Cyclops is still strongly supporting the CycloDS. I haven't had to wait more than a few days to play any of the recent releases.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I really don't think they will release a DSi-compatible Cyclo, as it's already way too late for that. Unless they surprise everyone by finding a way to hack DSi-mode, but I really doubt that will happen.
I'm just glad that Team Cyclops is still strongly supporting the CycloDS. I haven't had to wait more than a few days to play any of the recent releases.

exactly why they are not making one no hack to dsi mode.i don't have a dsi cart or dsi because i see no reason of getting them because i can play all the games coming out on my ds lite with my cyclo.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please take everything I write with caution, because I might have no idea where the fuck I'm talking about:

I believe that the CycloDS has ~2MB of internal memory. Where this internal firmware is stored/updated.
Now, does anybody knows if that piece of memory also covers the bootloader, that uses the exploit the get recognized as a NDS game?
If so, shouldn't it be possible to simply update the internal memory (and bootloader) with a DSi-compatible exploit, so that the card could be recognize by a DSi as well?

Just a dumb thought of mine, but yeah.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, the bootstrap is hard-coded onto the Cyclo's chip, that's why it can't be made to run on a DSi. The 2meg space for the firmware is only for the game compatibilities and various features of the cart, not how it bypasses the system's security.

My guess as to why they never made a DSi flashcart is because when they do it, they want DSi mode unlocked too or they aren't going to bother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat