all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>kek
>14 years old
sigh

Doubt the devs can publicly acknowledge why theres so many downloads. Either because of PR or Nintendo. Probably both.
>"Deez Nuts Ave."

/discussion

--
Anyway I don't think what OP did is wrong at all. There is no way a bunch of 12 year olds on GBAtemp would know about an exploit in the game while the devs themselves do not. Rest assured they know, and Nintendo know, because they're constantly on the watch for this ****. (Remember that one hidden branch of Nintendo's website concerned with taking down hacks/flashcarts? That was weird)

I'd understand if OP was just outright being rude/teasing the devs, but it just seemed like harmless banter to me. No need to feel rubbed the wrong way

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I feel kind of bad for the devs. I played the actual game, and though I am not really in to shooters in general, the gameplay was fun. The voice acting is terrible IMO, the graphics are okay, the controls suck (unless you use a n3DS/CPP), but the gameplay was fun. I played the campaign demo and tried out multiplayer. The devs put a lot of work into the game, especially since it is such a small group of people.
Only 2 coders.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all parties involved (nintendo and the devs) already know

True, but adding fuel to the fire by asking them game developers about download/sales statistics doesn't make things any better either. :gun::nayps3:

Tweeting them is a good idea...how? F**king unbelievable. @sweis12

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if they're planning some sort of ban/brick mechanism to be implemented when smea releases ironhax? :wtf:
They can't do that. The reason why companies try to block exploits is because it can lead to piracy. (EDIT: Which Ninjhax 2.0 is completely incapable of.) Homebrew itself is completely legal. If homebrew were illegal, then that would be a whole different story. When it comes to piracy, emulators are also legal since they're used officially in MANY cases, but it's not involving pirating games made for the host system. (Sky3DS for example) That's why people get banned for using Sky3DS online with a generic header.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They can't do that. The reason why companies try to block exploits is because it can lead to piracy. (EDIT: Which Ninjhax 2.0 is completely incapable of.) Homebrew itself is completely legal. If homebrew were illegal, then that would be a whole different story. When it comes to piracy, emulators are also legal since they're used officially in MANY cases, but it's not involving pirating games made for the host system. (Sky3DS for example) That's why people get banned from using Sky3DS online with a generic header.
From a legal standpoint, Sony was able to remove backwards compatibility and other os, which people paid for. Also ban users for unofficial software, homebrew or piracy.

The online agreement for the Nintendo network states that you agree to not modify their software or hardware for any purpose.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a legal standpoint, Sony was able to remove backwards compatibility and other os, which people paid for. Also ban users for unofficial software, homebrew or piracy.

The online agreement for the Nintendo network states that you agree to not modify their software or hardware for any purpose.

That's fear mongering, and not what the actual law states. The US Supreme Court deems emulation legal, it's the ROMs and ISO images that make them illegal as hardware cannot be be copyrights. BIOS files, yes, but not hardware. Sony V. Bleem!, Nintendo v. Galoob Toy Inc, etc all have judges rule in favor of emulation.

What Nintendo states is not what the Supreme Courts have states in regards to emulation.

Emulators - legal
ROMs - illegal unless dumped

But in reality, most people don't give a damn

People don't need to be SJWs about this you know.

Reactions: loco365

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't know people read that. lol Though that's probably a generic statement. :P It's pretty weird though that Nintendo hasn't done anything yet.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's fear mongering, and not what the actual law states. The US Supreme Court deems emulation legal, it's the ROMs and ISO images that make them illegal as hardware cannot be be copyrights. BIOS files, yes, but not hardware. Sony V. Bleem!, Nintendo v. Galoob Toy Inc, etc all have judges rule in favor of emulation.

What Nintendo states is not what the Supreme Courts have states in regards to emulation.
But online activity is a privilege, not a right. They have plenty of legal freedom to refuse service to anyone. And they do.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But online activity is a privilege, not a right. They have plenty of legal freedom to refuse service to anyone. And they do.

Then don't go online with a hacked console, I'm speaking of emulation in general, but legally, they can't brick consoles remotely, EULAs are not legally binding, and there are ways to circumvent blocked consoles online.

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Then don't go online with a hacked console, I'm speaking of emulation in general, but legally, they can't brick consoles remotely, EULAs are not legally binding, and there are ways to circumvent blocked consoles online.
My original post was actually sarcasm, but this has gotten kind of deep. I agree, I highly doubt they could or would brick any consoles. Technically that would be destruction of personal property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.