I tried emulation for the first time and nothing works

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Shinigami Kiba, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    I downloaded Snes9x, FCE and GenPlus from here
    http://skhsarki.extra.hu/files/download/apps_new.html

Everything except for Snes9x gives me an Invalid Wii Application error and SNES9x doesn't seem to be able to recognize my 4GB SDHC because I get some error -32 when trying to load the ROM folder from it but HBC recognizes it just fine.

I tried renaming the boot.elf files to boot.dol on FCE and GenPlus but I still get the invalid wii application on those even when i do that.

so what's up?

2. netware

Newcomer netware Member

United States
    1. get the latest versions..

poke around in ..

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

2. boot.elf renamed to boot.dol .. are still boot.elf.. (it's like if you rename a .txt file to a .exe) wont work.. you need to convert.. but.. if you get the updated versions.. that wont be necessary

edit: link

3. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Member Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    thanks, I assumed they had all the latest versions on there
    I'll try the new ones out and report back.

edit: Thanks a lot, it all works great, in fact it's better than I thought it'd be.
    Between my PSP and now the Wii being able to do this stuff so well my good old Xbox is finally going to get a well deserved break.

Wonder how well the Wii emulates MAME, I'll look into that when I can be bothered to reformat my 320GB External HDD and leave a FAT32 partition on it since it's all WBFS now.

4. netware

Newcomer netware Member

United States
    no problem... glad to help...

also.. dont bother with MAME xD.. its SLOOWWWWWWWWWWW... WWWWWWWWWW...x1000...

it's like watching grass grow.. die.. and grow again...

seriously it took at least 40 mins to load snk vs capcom.. and it was laggy (at best)

i've only tried SDL MAME though..

there are threads about MAME emulation around here... but.. it's a waste of time..

we will probably need to wait to get a decent MAME emulator...