i tried connecting my copy of pokemon diamond

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gus122000, Jun 15, 2007.

Jun 15, 2007
  1. Gus122000
    OP

Member Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    to PBR (pokemon battle revolution)and i got everything ready to trade some pokemon to the wii.When the option to trade pop-ed up i clicked on it and my DS's screen went blank and my DS froze.I have a M3 and and my PBR is a original copy nothing crashes in PBR im lost.Does nintendo put some special thing in DS carts to connect to wii games or something ? if anyone would want to try this i could send them my save file (pm for save file)

(btw:my pokemon diamond copy was a rom just makeing it clear lol)

2. Evilkoko

Member Evilkoko GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried it multiple times?

3. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Are you using the Japanese version of Diamond to go along with your (presumably) Japanese version of PBR?

4. WeaponXxX

Member WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    Pretty sure your gonna need a real version of the DS game cause it looks at the save type which has been altered for your flash cart.

5. Gus122000
    OP

Antarctica
    outphase:
    Are you using the Japanese version of Diamond to go along with your (presumably) Japanese version of PBR?

Yes,I am

Evilkoko :
    Have you tried it multiple times?

Yes, i have.Ive tried it ....with the charger connected,with a different rom copy of Pokemon diamond,without the charger connected,pc turned off(just in case if it was blocking the signal)

WeaponXxX :

Pretty sure your gonna need a real version of the DS game cause it looks at the save type which has been altered for your flash cart.

hmmm could i rename it to the orignal name or something ? or should i take out my other roms and save files out of my m3 when i do that ?

6. Gus122000
    OP

Antarctica
    btw:what is the orignal sav format for nintendo ds games ? (lol this is gonna suck for people who used a rom insted of the actual game (in the American PBR)

7. ryuujin2788

Newcomer ryuujin2788 Advanced Member

United States
    Sorry mate, it's tough luck. I actually contacted a connection in Japan who works for Nintendo just to make sure (I find it funny that he uses an M3 too, as he can get the games for free), and the ROMs won't connect to the Wii. He said something technical that I really wasn't paying enough attention to be able to remember what it was and translate it. However, it won't work.

I also asked about modifying the save file, but he said he had tested everything. So, oh well.

What I did was just buy a real copy of Diamond. It's worth it. PBR is a ton of fun. If you read Japanese you should really enjoy it I think.