i touch 2,ds m 3 real or a k 2 i

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by googs, Apr 23, 2009.

Apr 23, 2009

i touch 2,ds m 3 real or a k 2 i by googs at 10:17 PM (1,021 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. googs
    OP

Member googs GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hello... i have to know if i touch 2 can play roms and which one is best... i touch 2, ak2i or m3 ds real i... Im new to this.

2. Hachibei

Member Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    They can all play ROMs. If you just want free games, then you should just pick up the cheapest one.

3. Blythe31

Member Blythe31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You should try posting that here next time to trigger more of a response, since it is where designated discussions go for flashing hardware and software.

All of the flashcarts can generally play roms. It basically boils down to what else you want out of the card (think real time save, wifi firmware updates, etc), the build quality, support of the team, and if you like the OS.
    I suggest googling all of the carts to get some background information on them.

Also, are you going to be playing via dsl or dsi?
    Some of the DSi cards are still a bit buggy since the dsi is still relatively new on the market so if you are playing with a dsl i'd go with a cyclo ds evo, but that's just me.
    Otherwise I'd recommend going with the AK2i or waiting for the M3 Real I which can supposedly run Sakura if i'm not mistaken.

We haven't heard news from TC since november (i think) about a DSi release, besides the fact that they're working on one, so I wouldn't wait up on that.

4. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    buy the cheapest one [​IMG]

5. Blythe31

Member Blythe31 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    on DX w/ free shipping:

ak2i = $13.90
    dstti = $11.26
    r4i sdhc = $18.11
    gold r4i = $14.19
    super r4i = $11.99
    itouch2 = $17.91

as you can tell, cheapest isn't by much. It really varies give or take 1-7 bucks from the cheapest dsi card to the most expensive.
    any r4 cards i'd steer clear of since the real r4 team disbanded long ago and anything on the market now is a clone.
    Price difference isn't really that great, so I'm pretty sure finding the card that bests suits his taste wouldn't be stretching his bank account.

6. googs
    OP

Member googs GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I would probably get the Ak2i cause implayin on a dsi and as you kno, normal flash carts wont work

7. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

what are you talking about the cards that blythe31 mentioned all work on the dsi
    just stay away from the r4i's