I threw out the box for my PowerSaves before registering, can I borrow someone's account?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by furyferret68, Nov 15, 2016.

1. furyferret68
    OP

furyferret68 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    United States

Last edited by furyferret68, Jun 20, 2017
  2. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no one likes me, not even me

Jul 20, 2016
    United States
    ~/
    From my experience, you can't use the same license key on more than one computer. I have two computers at home and when I tried to sign in with my CodeJunkies account on the second computer it wouldn't work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Alternatively, you can buy just a license key from their website. It won't be free, but it won't be as much as buying a new device.
    Or you can just get in contact with their support. That's your best bet, to be honest.

3. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Team Skull ☠️Grunt☠️

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    You need to contact datel.

OkazakiTheOtaku likes this.
  4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    heh, not sure if this is possible in there, this is wrong but you can abuse the return policy?
    but i would say, buy a new one, make the registry and in 1-2 hours later return the old one inside the box you bought...
    say you thought this worked with DS games or make some shit like that it doesn't work with your linux computer or something bullshit like that
    they will bitch about the opened box... and you may not get lucky...
    but in some situations (like when i dumbly bought a copy of pokemon white thinking it was pokemon black, and only realized after opening the box) they will usually accept the return...

this is wrong, but i really hate that the device got a DRM on it.. if their website vanishes, the device is just trash unless some fans crack the drm

Last edited by migles, Nov 15, 2016
    OkazakiTheOtaku and dudemo like this.
  5. dudemo

dudemo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2016
    United States
    PIxelville
    I quite like the device. While it is basically useless after you get A9LH, it was immeasurably helpful for me and several others getting OoThax on our carts allowing us to downgrade to 9.2.

It has literally sat in my junk drawer since then, though. It'd be really neat to see someone break DRM and utilise it some other way (cart dumps, save editor/backups, or anything else).

Sadly, like everyone else has mentioned, it is computer locked. Best bet is buying a universal key from their website for your region.

Last edited by dudemo, Nov 15, 2016
    OkazakiTheOtaku likes this.
  6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    heh, everything of that can be done in the 3ds itself after you setup a9lh...
    what's left is just convenience. you can use the computer for that stuff (maybe it's faster?) instead of the 3ds

anyway @furyferret68 did you throw the receipt as well? what if the device is\was faulty?
    i always keep the boxes in the first 2 weeks, in case you need to return the item...

7. furyferret68
    OP

furyferret68 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2016
    United States

Last edited by furyferret68, Jun 20, 2017