Hacking I thinki my Wii is Bricked...

cjcamilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the Twilight hack/homebrew channel/w.e not too long ago, and then I got Punch-Out for the Wii. I had 3.2U firmware (I'm guessing custom firmware). Then I get Punch-Out for the Wii and it asks me to update. I updated, and now any time I turn on my Wii, its a black screen.

Sorry, but I really don't know too much about Wii firmware, and I tried the HackMiiFRII method with no revocery screen.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

SageonX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.2U you say? Perhaps your timing is off--it should appear. If not, then don't worry about it too much for now.

If you have bootmii installed on yoru HBC (assuming you have HBC) then you'll be okay.

A preloader would also be beneficial if you have it downloaded previously before this "brick" happened.

Since you did say you get a black screen, do you still get a green light from your wii power button and does your disc run any noise?

cjcamilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SageonX said:
3.2U you say? Perhaps your timing is off--it should appear. If not, then don't worry about it too much for now.

If you have bootmii installed on yoru HBC (assuming you have HBC) then you'll be okay.

A preloader would also be beneficial if you have it downloaded previously before this "brick" happened.

Since you did say you get a black screen, do you still get a green light from your wii power button and does your disc run any noise?
Yea I get a green light and the drive makes noise whether there is a disc in or not.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, would savemiifrii work on this? Or did you say you tried it already? Would you be able to access the homebrew channel at all? Also the golden rule of wii hacking, NEVER UPDATE
tongue.gif
. Just had to state that sorry, if you had preloader installed, hold reset as you turn on your wii, maybe preloader will boot up and you can fix it, anyone know which IOS's or cIOS's Punch Out!! Would affect?

SageonX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, he said he already tried SaveMiiFrii and he doesn't get the FW screen at the bottom right corner.

If you had bootmii, it would have saved a lot of headaches and hassles. As I can tell, you have the same problem as I do.

Neither of us can access the menu, I just get a black screen that doesn't pop up anything.

So, yeah. It is bricked. However, I am attempting to unbrick it with this (click the link)

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/uni...wii-105480.html

so.. yes. Good luck to you and I.

cjcamilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Hmm, would savemiifrii work on this? Or did you say you tried it already? Would you be able to access the homebrew channel at all? Also the golden rule of wii hacking, NEVER UPDATE
tongue.gif
. Just had to state that sorry, if you had preloader installed, hold reset as you turn on your wii, maybe preloader will boot up and you can fix it, anyone know which IOS's or cIOS's Punch Out!! Would affect?
I tried preloder and savemiifrii. Both didn't work.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Then I would say your wii is probably bricked, do you have a modchip by any chance, if you do, you can run the 'pink fish disc' and recover your wii, if not, your probably screwed.

cjcamilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Hmm... Then I would say your wii is probably bricked, do you have a modchip by any chance, if you do, you can run the 'pink fish disc' and recover your wii, if not, your probably screwed.
No I don't have a modchip.

cjcamilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Hmmm, it only depends if he has cIOS 249 installed, I'm pretty sure every softmodded wii has one of those, that might actually work...
Yea but won't the update that bricked my Wii get rid of cIOS 249?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"