I think there should be a GBATemp mobile app

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im starting of with this whole android development thing, and I'm willing to give it a shot, what exactly are you looking for, just the ability to browse forums???

However as I stated, im kinda new to all this development stuff so although I say i'll give it a shot nothing may come of it.

Also if I do make it there is no way its going on android market, purely for the fact that i'd have to pay out from my own money to distribute a free app, if anything ill upload the apk to mediafire or something and make a post here

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Wait for the forum upgrade and GBAtemp will be compatible with the apps for IPB already out there.

iOS costs too much just for some app for some website, unless you're willing for pay for it.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
prowler_ said:
Wait for the forum upgrade and GBAtemp will be compatible with the apps for IPB already out there.

iOS costs too much just for some app for some website, unless you're willing for pay for it.
This.

Once the forum software is updated not only will there be a functional mobile version of the site, but it will be compatible with Tapatalk anyway.

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
prowler_ said:

This.

Once the forum software is updated not only will there be a functional mobile version of the site, but it will be compatible with Tapatalk anyway.

Cool, that would be very convenient for me.

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ProtoKun7 said:
prowler_ said:

This.

Try http://mobile.gbatemp.net/
'duh... download Opera Mobile for Android and Apple goto the url, and voila...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Marlonguppy said:
ProtoKun7 said:
prowler_ said:

This.

Try http://mobile.gbatemp.net/
'duh... download Opera Mobile for Android and Apple goto the url, and voila...
I'm fully aware of that; I mean functional, i.e. not read-only.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fine i wont bother then
huh.gif

I

ishdeepsingh

o ok coo..
hopefully they start doing that
and i understand these things take time and effort so yea.. cause they rnt making money off of it

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
the forum does have Tapatalk. athough the taptalk app reports "Cannot connect to forum, this forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk or the installed tapatalk plugin is not working. Please contact your forum administrator."

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you change the theme to "IP.Board Mobile" using the "Change Theme" button at the bottom of any page (beside RSS icon), if gives it quite an iOS app-esque look and feel, and presumably (I lack a device to test with) makes the forum more mobile friendly. (And pretty sure it's fully functional).

I

ishdeepsingh

Thx for the post.. this theme is very useful on my mobile devices. ddnt even know that theme was there lol ddnt check 4 a whiillle
Edit: the theme wrks gr8 on threads, but i cant load the main page with it on. gives me a page error...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grrr... i visited the site from my ipod and was greeted with the "this site has an app. check out tapatalk" message. i thought, "wow, they have it working" so i proceeded to spend the $3 to purchase the app...only to discover while trying to access the forum via tapatalk that it still isn't working. hopefully it's working soon as this is the only forum i even visit with or without tapatalk... :(

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
the mobile skin has been fixed.

here is how to activate it:
1) if you are visiting from a mobile phone you should automatically be seeing the mobile theme
2) if the mobile theme doesnt show up automatically, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Change theme" to choose the mobile theme
3) you can switch back to the full theme at any time

Also, Tapatalk support was planned but last minute it seems that it crashed.
I'm going to get it fixed asap.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM