I think the N3DSXL is the best console of all time! :P

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha I love that you compared its build quality to the Dingoo..

Has the Dingoo ever been known for its build quality? mine's been in a drawer for a few years (one that I never really open) and its caked in scratches

Like those ones that come on plastic clear cases

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
I also think it's the best handheld console ever. It may not be a powerhouse like the Vita, but it does what it's supposed to do beautifully. The games library also make it really great.

D

Deleted User

Don't forget DS backwards compatibility!
If you have a flashcart you have access to the entire DS library as well!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget DS backwards compatibility!
If you have a flashcart you have access to the entire DS library as well!
ahem
DSC02531_zpsiyencrnm.jpg~original

Reactions: nxwing

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ahem
DSC02531_zpsiyencrnm.jpg~original
Vita Master Race

On-topic, the PSP is indeed far superior in means of homebrew. It was an example that showed how far we can go into hacking a single device. It had many good games and a perfect on the go handheld. It can play music stored on your MS. I'm pretty sure you could stream it too.

Reactions: Sakitoshi and BORTZ

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
There's like 10 Vita fanboys in this entire forum and somehow they all found their way into this thread. :P

CONSOLE WARS GO!!!
Vita Master Race

On-topic, the PSP is indeed far superior in means of homebrew. It was an example that showed how far we can go into hacking a single device. It had many good games and a perfect on the go handheld. It can play music stored on your MS. I'm pretty sure you could stream it too.
So fair comparing 2 years of 3ds homebrew to 10+ on PSP, yeah.
Anyway, right now the PSP scene is tumbleweeds and broken links everywhere. Enjoy it though.
And lets not forget about the legendary Vita homebrew scene, its so ___________. :P

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: nxwing

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, imo the original standard-sized 3DS has the best build quality, but the N3DSXL is really great too :P
Otherwise, I agree with you, though I prefer VC to the Retroarch emulators (so much more stability™).
What? The original easily has the worst build, comparable to the DS lite, haha. The new XL is study though.

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like how a lot of the games for 3ds are only local multiplayer but other than that i am absolutely loving my n3dsxl a9lh

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Reasons I think it's the best console of all time (handheld or not)
------
Games. It has tons. And emulator development. I can pretty much play each and every Final Fantasy game (up to 7) at full speed. Or every single portable Zelda, Mother, Mario, Mega Man, Kid Icarus, Pokémon, Fire Emblem (you get the point. I almost literally have infinite games on here lmao)
---------
Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is a reason all by itself. You think I'm joking. I could write an organized book on how great Smash is.
-------
It's a well-built console, it looks sleek as hell. Ahem, especially the Japanese-exclusive Smash New 3DS LL.
------
3D is amazing, old or new. What other electronic device gets you access to that?
----------
This isn't a pro or any reason to like it, but it was a missed opportunity. I wish the cameras were better. I'd happily have a hardware mod to improve them. 3D pics!
-------
Other than that, amiibo are awesome. There are so many extras you can get for this system. Can you say that about other consoles? Skylanders. But it only works (A) with a portal, and (B) with like three games. Which brings me to
------
Interconnectivity and social gaming. Everything in the first party world is connected somehow. Smash has unified every game and changed it in some way. The gaming community is all here, be it Facebook groups, Twitter, GBATemp, even Miiverse.
------
The actual hacking itself. The scene is so deeeep. There are new discoveries in the system every day, and actual scene has progressed. I eaaaasily see the 3DS being as hackable as the Wii and PSP. If it isn't already, haha. Just gotta get DS stuff down.
--------
Probability itself is actually pretty irrelevant to me, but it's only a good thing.
-------
Controls. The 3DS is my favorite controller. I even use it competitively in Sm4sh U. I easily perfect pivot and dash dance all over the place. I have input errors on every other controller. Downside, I can't do any Bidou tech.
------
Playing with power. I'm definitely modding this hard. I have screen-init Arm9Loaderhax enabled. 10.7U sysnand. 10.7J emunand.
Capture card, GameCube controller mod, speaker mod, with a 200gb microSD Card with every game released (I have most on my 64gb), dual-IPS screens (It's a thing now)... then, 3D on, virtual surround sound mode on, gyroscope controls on, brightness all the way up.
Everything just comes together and is near perfect.
Even graphics are great..Just look at Majora's Mask 3D.

HNI_0045.JPG

Yep. That's Reggie.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The Virtual Boy is the best console of all time.
The Philips CDi was pretty good too.

So good games for its time.
Plumbers don't wear tie is a must have.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
My New3DS XL had a dead pixel straight out of the box. Two more have developed in the year i have owned it.

The bezel around the bottom touchscreen began lifting in 3 places letting bright white light leak through.

To open the back cover to access the SD card, I have to almost snap the plastic cover in half to get it off.

And not to mention it's basically impossible to not power-on the device while taking off the back cover. It's not ideal to have a device booting and reading to SD while you think it's actually turned off and removing the SD card.

O3DS XL master race.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up