I think my Wii is bricked.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by darksun45230, Apr 20, 2010.

Apr 20, 2010
  1. darksun45230
    OP

Newcomer darksun45230 Advanced Member

United States
    I posted earlier that couldn't use BlueDump Alpha3 as I got a code dump whenever I tried converting IOS249 into a Wad as per these instructions.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=212497

Now after updating Preloader .29 to Preloader .30 it won't appear as I start the system. Worse yet, I can't start BootMii from the Hombrew Channel. I can start the Homebrew Channel, but I have no idea how to fix this. I have a feeling all these things are connected. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Help?

Edit: Thank you Wever for correcting my ignorance. I managed to install Priiloader with no trouble and am about to start Bootmii. Thanks for the help.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Don't jump into conclusions like that. If you can still use your wii to do anything, it isn't bricked.

Let's take it logically:

-I don't know why you recently updated from preloader 0.29 to 0.30 (it sure isn't mentioned in that tutorial), but 0.30 is outdated as well. Or rather: priiloader 0.4 builts nicely upon it (and it installs easier). Both programs have another thing in common: they do not start automatically. You have to hold the reset-button while booting your wii.
    -not being able to start bootmii is a worse thing. Do you have the folder in SD:\bootmii, and is the configuration file therein set to boot it correctly (I once had it "fail" on me...I just forgot I had it set to boot the wii menu in 0 seconds). Can you boot it from preloader/priiloader?
    -bluedump alpha3 code dumped on me too. I'm not sure whether it's the application or some cIOS or IOS in my wii not being correct, but it's not like it means my wii is near brick-age.