Homebrew Question I think my Switch bricked (Switch's Power button doesn't work). What can I try?

Switch_90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I believe I bricked my Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately my power button does not work since some months ago and therefore I am unable to try some of the tricks mentioned here by some users. What I was trying to do was to load a different version of ReiNX because I was not able to put my Nintendo Switch in Sleep Mode (it would always enter into AutoRCM).

I read an old post that a user had success with Sleep Mode by installing ReiNX from tumGER's SDFiles 9.04 and then loading ReiNX payload 1.7 version. I tried that and the anime girl splash screen appeared but then there was a black screen and the Switch logo never appeared. I then connected the Switch to the computer and although it makes the Windows sound, it does not seem to be detected by TegraRCM.

More details:
-Switch always had the AutoRCM option enabled
-Switch was at 100% battery when this happened
-TegraRCM never detects the console
-I have a backup of my Switch's NAND but I believe I have burnt fuses

What I have tried:
-Left Switch untouched for 12 hours in hopes that the battery would discharge, then connected it to charge for about 1 hour - no success.
-Put same files I had on microSD back before this happened and then put it to my Switch - no success
-Connected to dock then back to the computer. When I connect it to the dock, the green light flashes rapidly one time then turns off. Same, no success.

Is there anything else I can try before trying to repair the home button of my Switch?

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it the power button that doesn’t work or the home button?? Their is a big difference between the two. If your power button(on top of switch works) Hold it for 15 seconds, then try to recharge, then press it again and inject payload.

Last edited by Basketto,

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You neglected to include what you did that possibly bricked the console in the first place. Would be easier to help if we knew why you are in this predicament

Switch_90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You neglected to include what you did that possibly bricked the console in the first place. Would be easier to help if we knew why you are in this predicament
I believe I put the wrong files into my SD card but I let the Switch untouched for another few hours so the battery would be fully discharged and now it works again! Thank you guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM