Hacking i think my sd card might have a virus on it....

mikolajbogutski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it still isn't working when I put on new stuff btw I have an r4. I even tried putting my sd card in my friends r4 it didn't work so how do I fix it?

and its not my r4 cuz my friends sd worked in my r4....so what should I do?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sweet... the first DS only virus! It makes R4's not work! Go Nintendo! Make those virus' to stop R4 users!

ok, sorry, i had to.

First, format your card... wipe it clean. Reload the firmware files, and try it again.

If it's still not working, you have a bad card, and will have to get a new one.

mikolajbogutski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its FAT32

and kernel, like the version right? I have 1.18 I had FFTA2 abd when I put new games on it the games where untitled then now it just says the loading screen forever... and what firmware file?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and also what brand is the SD Card .

I had a Kingston 2GB Made in Japan SD card that was fake and ended up messing up and not working while at the same time the R4 i had was fake too when i bought it at the same place .

so yea what brand is it ?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Firstly, you haven't said whether this Lexar 2gb microsd has worked in your R4 before this current problem.

I'm going to presume that it's a new SD and you have tried to load the 1.18 firmware & some games. As long as you are confident you have loaded the firmware and placed the .nds rom files on your sd correctly, then perhaps one of two things need to be done:
1. Format the SD card (make sure you transfer all files off card to your PC first);
2. SD card is incompatible / not suitable?

Failing this, another thing you can perhaps try is to copy your frends SD card files onto your SD card. If it works, that would prove they you have done something wrong with the setup of firmware, etc.

mikolajbogutski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i have had the same sd card for a year or about that time using the same R4. i have done all of that but tomorrow i am trying to copy my friends to mine to see what is up with it so yeah. and if that doesnt work im buying a new one. =) and yeah i put on V1.18

T

tal32123

i don't know why my computer using avira free antivirus says moonshell.exe and autorun.inf are viruses for some reason

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tal32123 said:
i don't know why my computer using avira free antivirus says moonshell.exe and autorun.inf are viruses for some reason

If it is an .exe then it can a be a virus.. and theres no such things as moonshell.exe.. as far as i know..

ON TOPIC: the SD card might be the culprit.. so try other like sandisk
smile.gif

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've had bad luck using my Lexar 1GB micro SD with my old R4. It ended dieing...

Try to format the card and just make sure that you're got the firmware on correctly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.