Hacking I think my R4 is fuxxing with my files.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I've got a few files that have strange modified dates....

-Cooking Mama 2 and 3 were modified 2 weeks ago even though I never modified the ROMs and I got them months ago...?
-It says last time I modified the _rpg folder was in May, when I just updated Wood R4 a few days ago.
-It says some of my .gb, .gba, and .nds files were last modified in freakin 1996!
-It says the beup-user file generated when I first used Beup was last modified in 2013.

I've made a big screencap of this... Just look at it! O.o Can anyone explain this?

whatthefrick.png

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Rasas said:
I don't see the problem. The files in your firmware might be modified to keep place on the last accessed program and other things. The games as long as they work perfectly fine are maybe patched by the firmware doubtful and or other things.
I know but I'm kind of wondering where it gets these dates... And I was kind of hoping to figure out which games I added last so I could check off the checklist I've made up, cause I accidentally sorted everything by name.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not make a list in notepad or another program to keep track of when you put it in....... Sometimes you got to rely on yourself.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Rasas said:
Why not make a list in notepad or another program to keep track of when you put it in....... Sometimes you got to rely on yourself.
Not if you have memory term loss.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Given that you're listing date modified, it could be changing any time you access it on the DS.

For the odd dates (i.e. 1996, 2013, blank), I'd be pretty sure that something isn't writing to the FAT properly or the FAT has problems.
You could try backing everything up, formatting the MicroSD and then copy everything back. In fact, if there IS something wrong with the FAT, then it could possibly cause corruption later on if not addressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think a raspberry pi zero could power a SNES cart emulator thing hmmm