I think my phone is screwed :/

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by R4Liam, Aug 13, 2011.

Aug 13, 2011
  1. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    Okay I was on holiday in Turkey and met a big group of people. After a few drinks we all decided to go to the end of a pier (at like 2 in the morning). It was pitch black and we all decided to go for a swim in our clothes... yeah i left my phone in my pocket and now it's f****d. That's not the worse part of it; it's a contract phone for 2 years and i've only had it for like 3/4 months!

What the hell can I do and is there any way of reviving something like this?

(the day after I realised and removed the battery, sim, micro sd. I let it dry and tried to charge it but it just made a buzzzzzzz sound and didn't turn on)

wtf am I going to do? [​IMG]

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Throw it in a bag of non-cooked rice. Of course, you trying to charge it may have broken it beyond repair.

3. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    I might be too late for that because I think it is already dry (i'm assuming the rice thing would remove the water) I did this like a week ago so i'm probably screwed :/ does anyone know what happens when you fuck up a phone on contract?

I'm and sooooo anoyyed!! what am I gonna do without a phone [​IMG]

4. coolness

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
    send your phone to the company maybe they can fix it?
    and use a simple phone for the moment [​IMG]

5. R4Liam
    OP

Member R4Liam Artsy Dude

United Kingdom
    Thing is my simple phone has a crack in the screen. Still works though, you know I said i'm on contract (~£10 a month for unlimited texts and 100 mins) will that apply to another phone if I use the same sim card? So because I am using the same sim card a I did in my LG will I have unlimited texts on another phone?

6. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    The SIM card is what allows you to receive connection to your network. So as long as you are using the same SIM card, it doesn't matter what phone you plug it into, your plan will carry over (provided that the devices are SIM unlocked, and support your carrier's frequencies).