Hacking i think my m3 simply just corrupted my files

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm not sure how it happened but one minute i'd got 26 files and 26 .sav files then the the simply couldn't see the titles of the games then i turned it off and on and then it came up couldn't find _ds_menu.dat which i thought was weird. i just put the transflash card into the to the pc to find just 2 files named ?°!Æ and þ, why?
i am so angry because it means i just lost 24 hours of pokemon for the second time.
mad.gif

Barra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It could be your MicroSD card has gone corrupt.

Try putting a fresh _ds_menu.dat and .nds game and see if it works.

If it can't transfer then its MicroSD card.

If it does transfer on and the R4 can't read/find the files then its your R4.

Sorry 'bout that.

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
anybody have a reason why it would just do this. i right click on the files and they say 0bytes. looking at the files they both equal roughly 240mb but if i look at the j files itself and right click from there and hit properties it tells me there is 916mb of filled space. i'm gonna download a programme to see if i can uncorrupt the files but i doubt there's a hope.

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
but if i do anything it means i have to delete the files to make room. i've managed to find via the software (on quick search) 12 files but i'm doing a thorough search no because it couldn't see 1 .sav file.

update: cannot copy file the file or directory is corrupt and unreadable

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cry.gif
yeh i'm gonna have to format it too. do i format on fat or fat 32.
i used fat
thanks for the help infinitus and barra. that will teach me to back up every 2 days instead of my last back up being 2 weeks ago
laugh.gif

ZdProjects

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use fat, not fat32, it gonna make your card faster. fat32 is for bigger space more than 2gb.
I read the The Definitive R4DS/M3simply FAQ
biggrin.gif

fightabunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a friendly mr.jones reminder.
always have a backup on your computer

Well said.

In any case though, you could try running Chkdsk on the SD Card. It helped mine when a poor pokesav file corrupted all my ROMS/sav games. (However, I wasn't able to recover them, but my SD card atleast read that they were deleted instead of not showing them as existant but still saying they were taking up space)

Shelleeson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i said already the files had somehow clumped themselves together into 2 big files roughly 450mb in size so i knew they were there. i ran a programme that could find the .nds files or at least some of them but not the .sav files.
i already said too that i'm starting to back up files on my pc but i'd already done it but not frequently enough or else i wouldn't have had a file that had saved at 14 hours i'd only lost 13 hours of game play which although was still crap wasn't all that bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj