I think I've made the L and R issue on my DSi a little worse...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by skystealer, Mar 5, 2011.

1. skystealer
    OP

skystealer Muah~

Aug 5, 2009
    United States
    Agniratha, Mechonis
    Well, heres the thing. I used some rubbing alcohol on my R button on my DSi and I think I made things good and a little worse. Well, I noticed it playing Mario Kart DS. Whenever I drift using R, and I let go, of the R, it acts if the R button is still being held down, and doesn't actually let itself go for about 2-3 seconds.

(Tried calling Nintendo for a replacement, lady said she'd fix it for free for one time only, but then she never sent me my shipping label. >:) What am I to do? [​IMG] My DSi is just going downhill everyday.​

Edit: And now its pressing R randomly out of the blue without me touching it... >:

2. Slyakin

Slyakin See ya suckers

Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    Ask for the replacement again; If they never sent it to you, you can just try again. Also, ask for an email containing a picture of the label. Print it, tape it to a box, ship, and there you go!

3. ihackedit

ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Australia, Victoria
    What, when you let go does the actual trigger fling back by the spring?
    When you press in a button it come back up, does it do that?
    If it does that but still holds for 2-3 seconds its the tact switch. Maybe you could open up your dsi and take some pictures?

4. Elvarg

Elvarg Zyzz™

Banned
    Jan 19, 2011
    >>>>>>
    if your warranty still in place then call again to see where your on.

5. skystealer
    OP

skystealer Muah~

Aug 5, 2009
    United States
    Agniratha, Mechonis
    When I let go, I hear the spring click.

And I dont feel comfortable opening my DSi. I never opened any DS system and I can't risk breaking this, because I won't get another one. :L

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice