Hacking I think it's dead?

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So earlier today my brothers neighborhood friends/kids came over to play with them. They wanted to play some game on the Wii, I don't know what it was. I'm pretty sure they managed to play, but yeah. My Wii was 4.0U before they came over.

I turn my Wii on moments ago and well, HBC is gone. I look over in my system settings and it's 4.2U. I kinda raged on the inside.

So my preloader I had installed for 4.0 is now gone.

HBC is gone.

I've tried bannerbombing it and it keeps freezing.

Yeah, I don't normally ask for help but does anyone have a clue to repair/fix whatever they did to it? :x

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just follow this guide to the T to softmod your wii again:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Here are a few tips if you're having trouble with bannerbomb;
make sure you're loading v2 as v1 is not 4.2 compatible (http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php)
format your SD card and only copy bannerbomb and the hackmii installer to the SD card, nothing else
Load the SD menu from your wii menu and then insert your SD card

If you follow those steps and it still doesn't work, there are alternate bannerbomb files you can try from the website listed above.

Good luck!
smile.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I managed to get the Bannerbomb to work and HackMii starts, but when it starts it says "There is no known vulnerable IOS". So I'm stumped now. Since I can't even install HackMii let alone HBC.

Edit: Well apparently I can run Dop-IOS using the same exploit but I have no idea what to do with that.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
you gotta get a ios that hackmii can use dope ios should have what you need install somthing like ios36 older version
and why didnt you have the newest version of the homebrew channel, that's like insane not to have

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well managed to get Dop-IOS MOD work so what IOS do I need exactly?

nitrostemp said:
and why didnt you have the newest version of the homebrew channel, that's like insane not to have
Because I did something dumb before so HackMii wouldn't work.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Twiffles said:
Well managed to get Dop-IOS MOD work so what IOS do I need exactly?

nitrostemp said:
Because I did something dumb before so HackMii wouldn't work.

ios36

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the newest dopiosmod (http://code.google.com/p/dop-iosmod/downloads/list), place the boot.dol in the root of your sd card and launch it through bannerbomb

Select IOS36 upon boot, then install IOS34 with no patches. If there are errors about writing to NAND, you'll have to use the trucha bug restorer option before being able to install IOS34.

Exit after completion, copy the hackmii installer back onto the root of your SD card and you should be fine.

Good luck

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a thread on this, http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183060.

Follow the same setup, this is just to reintroduce HBC. You still need to trucha bug your isos and crap afterwards, by following your old stuff.

But make sure you installed a proper preloader 0.29 JAXX or whatever preloader you want that works with HBC 1.0.6, as this one works with the new name, as the old HAXX preloader is just preloader 0.29.

BTW if you would have searched you could have fixed your own problem in like 10 seconds...... the case of the "shouldn't mod, if I don't know what the hell I'm doing".

Hopefully that made sense, as it did for me lol.

Wynd

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wes11ph said:
from 4.2 SM ? hackmii installer doesn't need an trucha bug'ed ios to install HBC.
It actually needs unpatched IOS's to install. If all vulnerable IOS's are patched, then you'll get the error the OP is stating and therefore, an original unpatched IOS needs to be installed. 34, 36 or 61... probably a few others but so long as one is unpatched, hackmii will use it to install itself.

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, it actually worked! Thanks everyone!
biggrin.gif

You guys work waaaaay faster than what I remember, well, granted that was like 2007/08.

Thank you, thank you.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
guitarloser85 said:
wes11ph said:
from 4.2 SM ? hackmii installer doesn't need an trucha bug'ed ios to install HBC.
It actually needs unpatched IOS's to install. If all vulnerable IOS's are patched, then you'll get the error the OP is stating and therefore, an original unpatched IOS needs to be installed. 34, 36 or 61... probably a few others but so long as one is unpatched, hackmii will use it to install itself.

oh well i didn't experienced anything like that even the console is revirginized from an update.

guitarloser85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twiffles said:
Wow, it actually worked! Thanks everyone!
biggrin.gif

You guys work waaaaay faster than what I remember, well, granted that was like 2007/08.

Thank you, thank you.
Cool. You're welcome.
yaywii.gif
I'd still recommend following that guide I posted at the beginning of the thread to delete stubbed IOS's, install priiloader, update IOS's, yadda yadda yadda.

Good luck man

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems to be a problem in my IOS files. It's very weird indeed.
Inside of DOP-IOS MOD I go through and select to "Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning." under IOS:60 and it has an error trying to install the third IOS.

Edit: I'm guessing it's because I had CIOSCORP before it updated. Because when it updated it didn't update completely it just killed some things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse