Hacking I think I'm tired of stealing games.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I look up at my meek collection of DS games and realize the last one bought was Mario Kart DS. Why? Because I've been getting them for my flashcart, of course. And while the idea of having a flashcart is grand, I just don't get the same satisfaction of playing a game thru (though there are exceptions, I've logged many an hour into Lost in Blue) as I used to. That, and being older now, I can afford to actually buy the occasional game, so I'm ready to retire my Supercard SD and Passme2.

Are there any sites that will let me legally sell the flashcart? I know eBay does not allow it, for one, so I don't want to run the risk of putting it somewhere online and getting kicked or banned for it.

phuzzz

Hooha!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We don't.

If you wish to keep talking of where you might be able to sell it, go for it, but no discussion of actually selling it here. Otherwise this post gets closed in a heartbeat.

Weej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so you've struck a chord and have had a change of heart.

So what?

You want to sell it so someone else can basically do the same thing that you did?

You don't feel the same satisfaction because you feel guilt. People who buy flashcards are making a conscious choice. If you play a game on a flashcard and never buy it in a store, you might be able to say that the company never really lost any money because it was never bought in the first place, but that's the entire point - it was never actually bought because you played it on the flashcard. Whether you would have bought it even if you didn't have a flashcard is irrelevant because you are using on the flashcard.

The only people who are exempted from this rule are those who already own legal copies of the backups they play because they've at least helped the companies that their "stealing" from.

People who use these devices are stealing directly from the pockets of developers who put a lot of time to make some of these great games. The people who say piracy doesn't effect the industry are total dumbasses. They have a greater impact that they realize by the actions they take.

I can vouch, I'm one of them, and I know what I'm doing is wrong.

I'm sure I'll be paying for it in the future, somehow. The karmic waves have a way of flowing back to you in ways that aren't atways good.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you say "buy" and "game" in the same sentence? You're talkin' crazy son! Sit down and have a nice tankard of grog...
you'll be back to your senses in no time.
grog.gif

Otherwise, Weej makes a good point, and you should probably burn the card instead of selling it.
lecture.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
This is the first topic that i've seen before......ok here is the real reason why people buy boot cd's and flash carts, and it's because they never intended to buy the games in the first places since most of them aren't worth the money to begin with. It's like renting to see if something is really worth you time, and finding out it's trash without the waste of your money. The funny thing is that all the gaming companies really believe these products are making them lose money, and really though if these things didn't exist we wouldn't be buying any of their games to begin with so really they aren't losing anything.
rolleyes.gif

P.S I do own mario 64 ds, but i don't play it
smile.gif

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
keep your flash cart, no real point in selling it, just start buying your games.

Exactly. And eventually, after you get tired of paying for rubbish games, you'll have something to come back to. I buy the good shit and leave the rest to my SC. The last game I bought was DQ: Rocket Slime and I'm about to import that EUR DS Browser
cool.gif

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buying games were good when the snes came out and it was years ahead of the nes easliy, but nes was a good system... as a matter of fact the only system that was better that that was nec's tg-16 at the time. Both had those types of gamed that you could play over an not tire of em, and best of all they were worth buying mostly because there was no sure fire way to get games free then
smile.gif
I still would have bought them anyway i mean how many mega man games do u see today that were like the old days? Personally i think those types of games should come back or have a certain group that makes games the old way, but i see what he is saying download checking up on roms and things gets old fast also it's not the same as when you bought FFIII for the snes.....when that game came out forget about it
cool.gif

There can only be one good rpg in a see of garbage.

P.S Wishes do come true sometimes, and this time it's in the form of a old c64 company epyx lives
bow.gif
, and the games were worth it since few actually beat them.
grog.gif

kagelump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People who use these devices are stealing directly from the pockets of developers

I'd like to disagree with that statement
by saying using devices is stealing from the pockets directly gives an impression that the developers are forking over money to the people who use the devices.
By using these devices, you are in no way garenteeing that you actually want to buy the game
hell, how many games do you have on your flashcart that you played once before, and havn't touched it since?

however, i won't comment on the rest of your post ^^

and to the op, its kinda like practicing moderation even when you're really rich (billionaries can drive around in toyota corollas too you know)
just because you have a flashcart doesn't mean you can't play it through

but i understand, its much easier to induce a state of satisfactory and achievement when you've actually bought a game =]

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
This is the first topic that i've seen before......ok here is the real reason why people buy boot cd's and flash carts, and it's because they never intended to buy the games in the first places since most of them aren't worth the money to begin with. It's like renting to see if something is really worth you time, and finding out it's trash without the waste of your money. The funny thing is that all the gaming companies really believe these products are making them lose money, and really though if these things didn't exist we wouldn't be buying any of their games to begin with so really they aren't losing anything.
rolleyes.gif

P.S I do own mario 64 ds, but i don't play it
smile.gif

This is the most consistant and lame excuse there is in this community.
dry.gif

People do this because they can get away with it period. They swear they weren't going to buy the game but even these people pick and choose which games they want to download and which they won't. New Zelda comes out they download it. New Elmo fun with Numbers comes out they skip it. It's the same choices for selecting games as any paying consumer but they just aren't paying. We would be making the same decisions if there were no way of downloading for free and wasting money occasionaly just like we waste time downloading occasionally trying out the game. If you were curious enough to try out a game for free because you can, if the option for pirating was gone then you most likely would have been curious enough to purchase it if you had some extra cash or the price was lowered.
lecture.gif

If people are mature enough to admit it, they can see the companies are losing money from having potential customers getting the same product from an alternate source than the retailer. I saw proof today when Tower Records closed all it's stores today in my city. It was because the consumers found it easier to get music online by either iTunes or just for free by illegal ways. Either way it showed how companies do lose money and will eventually have to either close or find a new way to sell the same product. :'(

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No good reason since everyone does it
smile.gif
, and i personally have better things to do with my money since it is my opinion .... you can give your money away though
lecture.gif
.Thanks for the enlightenment HeatMan we see the light now, and will begin to purchase horrible horrible games...well maybe most of em
rolleyes.gif

P.S Your right kagelump the thing you highlighted is backwards it's game companies are stealing from the people that buy
smile.gif
, and since when have you ever bought a barbie game
unsure.gif

D

Deleted User

Let's just say I wouldn't have bought half the CD's I own now if I hadn't heard them first and I wouldn't own 75% of the CD's I've heard. Put out a good product and I will buy it. Simple really. I bought Metroid Prime after I 'tried' it and I will be buying FFIII and Pokemon D/P as well.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well said
bow.gif
this generation of the wii feels like the nes days in a way it's strange, but im actualy looking forward to to a new system by nintendo
laugh.gif
. I was about to give up on games in general, but we will see next month if games become another pacman or not.

P.S I'd kill for a remake of the ultima series though
grog.gif

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Thanks for the enlightenment HeatMan we see the light now, and will begin to purchase horrible horrible games...well maybe most of emÂ
rolleyes.gif

Don't try to turn what I said into a speech about what you should buy or do.

I only said that stuff because you said the companies aren't being affected by downloading free games when they obviously are. What people choose to do is their buisness. I don't see where I said anything about you should be buying horrible games. It's just a lame excuse when people say they wouldn't have bought the game then spend time downloading and playing it the same as a consumer would before they come to a final opinion of the product.

I obviously download stuff free also. I just don't make lame excuses to justify my actions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1