Hacking I think I'm tired of stealing games.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
No. You want to know what stealing is? The damn scumbag who who took my bag with:
2 DS lites
g6 flash cart
all of my freaking games! Real legal games, all 20 of them stacked neatly in two altoid tins!

So at this point, I figure I gave nintendo enough of my money for ds product. Anything else they come out with is fair game.

But my personal opinion is that if you can afford it, you should buy the games. But if you're a broke ass studet or something, then using roms is fine, as long as you make good faith attempt to buy as many of your favorite games as possible when you have the money.

Ouch.
Hope you luck on finding that "scumbag"
wink2.gif

skylerj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.koopatorivm.com
XP
Country
United States
Heh, thanks for the condolences guys. I'm over it though (sorta), as this was back in August. I already went through all my stages of grief, anger, etc. Unfortunetly, I don't think I'll ever find out who took it, or be able to get my hands on him. But you know what they say about what comes around, goes around and all that.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The real pirates here are the developers... they over charge there games dramatically. For what there making the games for, and what there selling them for, they are practically stealing our money. Games arnt worth paying for. Its a game.... theres alot more things in life worth my money.

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real pirates here are the developers... they over charge there games dramatically. For what there making the games for, and what there selling them for, they are practically stealing our money. Games arnt worth paying for. Its a game.... theres alot more things in life worth my money.
I'm sorry but you're an idiot.
You obviously know nothing of the video game industry.

P.S. sorry for the huge bump.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The companies are the real thieves why exactly would someone charge you $60 for a worthless cd or dvd that's cost's a few cents if anything, and their not that different from the government which you can't say aren't the biggest thieves. Anyone that takes 1/3 of my hard earned money is a theif, so don't get made at that guy for posting his opinion when it's obviously true.
dry.gif

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The companies are the real thieves why exactly would someone charge you $60 for a worthless cd or dvd that's cost's a few cents if anything, and their not that different from the government which you can't say aren't the biggest thieves. Anyone that takes 1/3 of my hard earned money is a theif, so don't get made at that guy for posting his opinion when it's obviously true.Â
dry.gif
The video game companies charge you $60 for the stuff on the disc, not the disc itself.
Read up on the video game industry.
Companies can spend upwards of millions of dollars depending on the game.
Read this:

"The video game industry is currently facing financial strains as it attempts to fairly compensate its talent, while continuing to turn a profit. The result is that the game developer—the traditional source of new games—is essentially dying out or is being incorporated into large publishers. The game industry is currently experiencing a phase of consolidation and vertical integration as a reaction to spiraling costs. This climate has also given birth to vibrant indie game developers comprising tiny companies trying to use the internet rather than traditional retail channels to reach an audience.

Early on, development costs were minimal, and video games could be quite profitable. Games developed by a single programmer, or by a small team of programmers and artists, could sell hundreds of thousands of copies each. Many of these games only took a few months to create, so developers could release several titles each year. Thus, publishers could often be generous with benefits, such as royalties on the games sold. Many early game publishers started from this economic climate, such as Origin Systems, Sierra Entertainment, Activision and Electronic Arts.

As computing and graphics power increased, so too did the size of development teams, as larger staffs were needed to address the ever increasing graphical and programming complexities. Now budgets can easily reach millions of dollars, even if middleware and pre-built game engines are used. Most professional games require one to three years to develop, further increasing the strain on budgets."

Oh and the whole "wah, wah the government is stealing my money" deal is illogical.
The government uses those deducted funds for governmental programs such as (in the instance of America) Social Security, welfare, public schooling, park funding, road maintenance etc., etc.
After all, what goods a nation without an ordered and well kept infrastructure.

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The companies are the real thieves why exactly would someone charge you $60 for a worthless cd or dvd that's cost's a few cents if anything, and their not that different from the government which you can't say aren't the biggest thieves. Anyone that takes 1/3 of my hard earned money is a theif, so don't get made at that guy for posting his opinion when it's obviously true.Â
dry.gif

Alright, well if you were forced to buy those things then yeah I can see your point. But it is your descision if you want to buy it or not, you aren't being forced to buy that cd. How does that make them into thieves? Just because you want it and are willing to pay that much for it (no matter how much of a rip off it may be) makes you more naive then they are looters.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im sure once sentence of that would do no need for a whole paragraph, and of course everyone knows you are paying for the info on the disc.... it's that most of the time it isn't worth the money. If i was being charged $70 for a game on a 10 cent disc i'd have something to say about it, and since cd's/dvd's cost nothing it's really supposed to make the game cheaper overall. I would also feel pretty ripped off if i bought a game on a cart for about $50, and then the next year buy the same thing on a dvd or cd for the same price. That's the way it's always going to be if people continue to buy these games.....the companies still make money either way, and why not if i could charge more for my product while spending less on the media i'd do it too.

P.S Real games died along with the snes long ago
cry.gif

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sure once sentence of that would do no need for a whole paragraph, and of course everyone knows you are paying for the info on the disc.... it's that most of the time it isn't worth the money. If i was being charged $70 for a game on a 10 cent disc i'd have something to say about it, and since cd's/dvd's cost nothing it's really supposed to make the game cheaper overall. I would also feel pretty ripped off if i bought a game on a cart for about $50, and then the next year buy the same thing on a dvd or cd for the same price. That's the way it's always going to be if people continue to buy these games.....the companies still make money either way, and why not if i could charge more for my product while spending less on the media i'd do it too.
Okay, wait.
Do you know anything about economics?
Also, you'd do well to read the info I put on my prior comment about developing video games.
You still go back to "but the media is cheap and I'm still paying $60."
You're paying for the service, the time, the data, and the enjoyment.
Yes time and enjoyment do have a value.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dry.gif

If you were a game programmer, would you feel the same way? Your time would be worth more than the "few cents" it used to fabricate the DVD itself.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dry.gif

This post makes me absolutely sick. I guess games just magically appear out of nowhere or fully developed during 1 sitting on the toilet for developers....and to make things worse, they steal your "hard earned" money with themselves magically putting data on a worthless media format for you to play...after all, they took no effort whatsoever to "steal" your hard earned money. Give me a goddamn break.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This post makes me absolutely sick. I guess games just magically appear out of nowhere or fully developed during 1 sitting on the toilet for developers....and to make things worse, they steal your "hard earned" money with themselves magically putting data on a worthless media format for you to play...after all, they took no effort whatsoever to "steal" your hard earned money. Give me a goddamn break.

Exactly
grog.gif
everyone else gets robbed think about the savings though
nyanya.gif

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i think if games were to be sold just a tad bit cheaper... i mean, for ps2... they could just sell it for 15 bucks rather than 30+ and everyone would buy it instead of going to the local chinatown to grab one for 10... or even less. for gameboy, i'm not so sure... but yeah, i think if they could just stick to more affordable prices, the consumers would be happy and would buy a legal copy rather than mod their systems... i only actually got a flashcart because 1) i seldom play games... and 2) now that i'm on house arrest, i don't even have the opportunity to leave my house to go buy a game... with the money that i'm not even making due to being under house. companies should see that they'll rake in more money if they dropped their prices... there's many reasons why they should, too! 1) dropping prices means it's affordable to the ghetto, 2) dropping prices means that chinatown will notice that they aren't going to be eating much if they sell illegal copies and will stop selling them... 3) it would take much less effort / time to just go to the store and grab a copy than to wait for it to download. that's just what i think... if anyone wants to flame me for a stupid post, go ahead... i think it's reasonable, though... and yeah, companies work hard... you can't really blame them... i think they're just a li'l too greedy...

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rofl2.gif
yeah people make topics like this, but if it wasn't like that what are they doing on this site. Gee house arrest not for your flash cart i hope
smile.gif
, but very few ds are worth it too many kiddy things with no more fps in sight
mad.gif
. I defently keep to the delete in 24 hrs with those lame games hehe, but they are getting better since i own a few actual games free of charge
yaynds.gif

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
who's gonna buy a fake copy for 2 bucks when it's 5 bucks for a legit, shiny new one?
people in the right mind would rather get a legit copy for 15 rather than a fake for 10... unless they've got issues

oh, i'm not under house for my flashcart lol...

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
i agree that charging 60 for a game is rediculous for most games. $40 seems like a great price to me. $50 is ok, $60 is just stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-