Hacking I think I'm tired of stealing games.

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are affected, then it's very little.
Pirating games is a fairly complicated task for the average Joe.
Who here knows absolutely nothing or very little to do with computers?
Exactly.

We are a small minority (by "we" I mean pirates).
The thing that gets to me is:
We all pirate here (or at least most of us do) so why complain about it?
You want to buy your games?
Then sell your flash cart and buy some games.

Own up to what you do and quit your complaining.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I agree with the original post about fact that you tend not to play right through games as much. When you buy games yourself you generally only have a limited selection (unless you waste a lot of money on lots of them), whereas with a flashcart the whole catalog is available at your fingertips, not to mention the amount of space you can have available these days meaning you can have 20 games or so in one cart. I definitely agree that you do not get anywhere near the same fulfillment (if you could call it that) playing games on a flashcart - they just become easily disposible/swappable bits of code.

This is why I don't get it when people complain about lack of space for example on the DS-X - the media I use for my device is the same size and I can still fit a reasonable (I'm tempted to say large) amount of games on there. People are definitely spoiled in a lot of aspects - in fact in some ways I'd like to see some sort of crackdown on flashcart manufacturers (it's long overdue), maybe appreciation that you get to play games for free in the first place will return.

Anyway to get back on topic, it's perfectly fine to feel guilty or bad about pirating games, in fact I applaud you for it, because many people who pirate stuff are pretty much unable to have this moral sense.

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please explain how we are stealing from the devs? the devs already made there money when they ship them to the game store.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I can understand his point of view, but there's no need in selling your flashcard.

I use my flashcard for the compatibility lists i make, also to play now and then a game

But the main reason is: I can play a game before i decide actually buying it.

I do buy most ds games i like (last game i bought was Danny Phantom (normal price) + princess peach (was half price cheaper almost) last week
biggrin.gif
, and i bought the Nintendo ds browser.

Normally i buy most games second hand,(only when the are boxed) way cheaper and i sell them mostly again when i'm tired of them.

if i hadn't had a flashcard i would end up with a whole pile uf useless junk games i prolly would sell again with alot of loss.

Just my opinion
wink.gif

EDIT: If it wasn't for the wife complaining i spend to much money on console/games i would buy way more stuff (Hardware/games) BUT i did choose my wife and agreed to have kids, That's first priority (and an expensive one, one i work for with pleasure
wink.gif
)

I do try to save every month a little on a seperate account to fullfill my needs on hardware/gaming, but it's hard!
And when there's enough on it, it burns in my hands to get spend on such stuff
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks to flashcards i can save alot of money on crap games

I do agree, Flashcards make you tend to buy less games and makes you think twice, why buy it when i can play it for free., So some i buy most i don't cause of that, but second hand market (Thank you for being there) is a cheap solution to get original games.)

NetixRiqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i didnt have a flashcard i always had an urge to play the games (mostly becoz its expensive as hell around here) now that i have a flashcard its pretty cool if i dont like the damn game i just throw it away =) Life is GOOOOD!! =)

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah actually danny phanton is ok, but most are childish games what they need are more games like castlevainia. Till then i'll be renting heh a real metroid game would be nice too, but the ds games so far are pretty poor barley worth the download let alone buy em. I don't believe im going to say this......even though need for speed actually looks good from what i've seen, but not worth buying since ea makes it....i'd download it of course
wink.gif
Mario kart really needs the competition. Hey bobitos this is a strange although funny topic, and there will actually be some good games worth the purchase soon ever hear of system 3
biggrin.gif

P.S Gotta give Dirtie props he put it down just like i was saying a while back, because people have better things to do nowadays then waste money on bad games.
grog.gif

AlexFili

Trophies
Website
alexfili.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Dont sell your flashcard dummy. Do you think the wii games will be free?
(in otherwords, save money and then buy lots of wii games instead)

Seriously, there wont be any flashcards for the next gen consoles... so just enjoy it while you can.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to say that I always buy what I like, but then I always dont. The reason I dont buy many is because I usually finished them before they're in the shops and well I cant be arsed to pay money for something I dont see me playing for a while.

I wish Nintendo would do DS demos online for us to download, and not ones that have been in the shops for ages. I'd like them to be fresh demos, like ou get on PC mags. Then that way I wont complete a game and then not buy it.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I read over a gamefaqs yesterday that preorders are gone for ps3...oh well i had no money to make from it anyway, but now i wonder if nintendo's system will be worse? I mean i'll be damned if im waiting out in the cold for some game system, and then again 4mil won't run out that fast
unsure.gif
or will it.

rezen

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you get rid of all your shareware programs as well, mp3 which haven't been bought, oh and register that copy of windows with a retail key
smile.gif

Then you should feel enlightened

Tuxedo Kamen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is the most consistant and lame excuse there is in this community.Â
dry.gif

People do this because they can get away with it period. They swear they weren't going to buy the game but even these people pick and choose which games they want to download and which they won't. New Zelda comes out they download it. New Elmo fun with Numbers comes out they skip it. It's the same choices for selecting games as any paying consumer but they just aren't paying. We would be making the same decisions if there were no way of downloading for free and wasting money occasionaly just like we waste time downloading occasionally trying out the game. If you were curious enough to try out a game for free because you can, if the option for pirating was gone then you most likely would have been curious enough to purchase it if you had some extra cash or the price was lowered.Â
lecture.gif

If people are mature enough to admit it, they can see the companies are losing money from having potential customers getting the same product from an alternate source than the retailer. I saw proof today when Tower Records closed all it's stores today in my city. It was because the consumers found it easier to get music online by either iTunes or just for free by illegal ways. Either way it showed how companies do lose money and will eventually have to either close or find a new way to sell the same product. :'(

Just wondering, when will that game be out? I never heard of it...

meteora91

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mmm, this thread has become quite interesting.

Living in Australia, in most cases, we get games quite a while longer than our american and asian counterparts for reason i can't be bothered to find out. One reason i download roms and play them on my flashcart, because i'm impatient.

I'm a consumer. My job in life is to get my desired product as cheap as posible, in this case, free.

Before i found out about the flashcart scene, not that long ago, i bought games when i had saved enough money. I bought New Super Mario Bros, Advance Wars Dual Strike and Super Mario 64 DS [ebayed]. I regret getting SM64 because it doesn't pull me in, plus the controls suck. That's the price i pay for not trying the game beforehand. AW:DS, i am considering selling as i have finished it, i'll probably rip the save and store it in case i want to play it again, because i can. NSMB, i will keep, just cause it's one of those games that is that good. I can see myself buying some forthcoming games such as Pokemon Pearl/Diamond and FFIII, because they are the type of game that buying the real thing gives a fuller experience somehow. I know that sounds like bullshit, but it's what i feel.

In summary, flashcarts are a good thing.
In your case, don't sell it, if you're tired of stealing games, i would suggest burning your flashcart and buying all the games you've stolen. =]

/rantover

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, when will that game be out? I never heard of it...

It's not a real game as far as I know. I was just generalizing the more generic games that come out.

I don't think bobito should get rid of his Flashcart or Mp3, shareware and all those other programs. If he doesn't want to steal anymore just use them for legal downloads. There are legal downloadable material for all those programs. It just seems that ilegal use is more popular.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i've only read the first page of this topic and it seems that it's a good thing you're doing, there.

i'd rather just keep using my g6 because i like the import games that i can't seem to buy in canada, atm.

what's also even better for me to have the g6 is the fact that i've been on house arrest for the past 3 months (might be here for 8 more months or more) and i'm not aloud to go out to make money or to the store and i sure can't ask anyone to lend me money to buy games... that's just wrong.

even if i was off house arrest, i'd still be using it. why? maybe i'd like to buy the game but i don't want to open the fresh seal and i wanna keep it that way just in case. maybe the game is a collectable and i don't wanna lose it's value. maybe i'd like to buy the game for myself but at the same time my little sibling wants one but i don't have pockets deep enough to afford 2 copies.

flashcarts are pretty much the best thing to happen to gba & ds, ever; they cater to people with low budgets.

Vidikron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As a few other have mentioned, I vote you keep your flash card. Use it to try out games before you buy. Then, if the game is worthy of a purchase, go out and buy it.

JesterDev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to be honest, I've been a pirate for as long as I can remember.. since.. way back in the 80's. However, I do buy some games still. I just can't see paying for a game that I'll pass in a few hours, days and still others that are just not worth the price. The games I do buy are the ones that I really like - Castlevania games for example. But the problem being that there are so many that I will not really play, and I don't see the point in paying for them. However like I said there are the gems that I do buy. In all I have about 50 DS games that I have bought. My overall game collection is huge, but it's all mostly retro games.

As far as homebrew goes! Now that's one of the top reasons why I bought a flash kit in the first place. I love development, and homebrew. Just keep your flash card at least for the homebrew.
smile.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to put forth the idea that the original poster is using the "high moral ground" platform (and the attention grabbing topic title) as a launching point to get somebody on this board to pm him and buy his supercard. Then he'll have enough money to buy that new sexy slot-1 solution he's been slobbering over.

Just thought I'd touch on that possibility, since nobody else has. I'm not accusing him of it of course.

but...

There are a bunch of dirty pirates on this board after all.
wink.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I download games for the supercard myself but I also buy games to support the software industry. People that just want to download everything and buy nothing anoy me TBH. But its good to try games before you buy them just to make sure your not spending your money on a load of crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM