I think I'm ready to make my purchase this look good..?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by xxteargodxx, Feb 14, 2010.

1. xxteargodxx
    OP

Member xxteargodxx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Before you read the topic, if you'd like to help me with making my purchase (TOTALLY OPTIONAL). Feel free to make suggestions on a different DS Lite Console from Amazon, I prefer to stay around under $100 for it. I'm trying to stay below a budget of $160 total for everything. Also feel free to make suggestions if you like on a different Micro SDHC Card for a better price and size rate. Only reason I put this before my post is because I think I'm getting a pretty decent deal and who knows maybe I've missed something good that somebody else may know about.

I will be placing my order for everything on February 14th at 3:00pm sharp or 3:30pm sharp. To give time for those who'd like to help and make suggestions. Thanks for reading this long topic and helping if you decide, I do appreciate it [​IMG]

For my DS Lite I don't really need anything special..I've looked over all DS Lite systems on Amazon and this is the best one I found (Description wise) that doesn't seem too damaged. I would be purchasing the one from the seller "Eastbox" here is his description of the item and a link to it below. It costs $94.95 for the DS Lite and $3.99 Shipping.

"Comments: Minor scratches outside cover, LCD screens in excellent condition. Come with charger and stylus. Satisfaction guaranteed. Fast shipping."
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...;condition=used

For my Micro SD Card I'll be purchasing a 4gb Sandisk Micro SDHC. It costs $8.70 for the Micro SDHC and $1.49 Shipping from a company called "Tech" here is a link below to the item.

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroSDHC-Me...068&sr=1-21

For my Flash Cart I've chosen Cyclo DS Evolution which I will be purchasing from Real Hot Stuff (Since they are in America and it'll ship quicker). It costs $46.00 and has Free Shipping. Here's a link below.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/cyclods-evolut...ping-p-298.html

2. Bently

Member Bently GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Get the AceKard, or M3 Real.. they are much better and cheaper than the Cyclo.
    but if you perfer cyclo than its totally you're choice ^^.

3. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would stop by my local gamestop and hand select a DS lite for 89.99 and tax. Also I would encourage an Acekard 2i so just in case you upgrade to a DSi you will be ready. I own a Cyclo and find myself using my Acekard way more. Genuine Kingston SDHC, cheap on Newegg.

4. xxteargodxx
    OP

United States
    EDIT:

Can anyone confirm that this Ace Kard 2i is legit? I've purchased from Real Hot Stuff before back in 2008 I got 2 legit R4's from them without problems.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-free-shipping-p-321.html

I went by the two Gamestops they looked like absolute trash there..Scuff marks all over them, VERY noticeable scratch marks on both screens. I think I'll check out 2-3 more Gamestop stores nearby me before I make my purchase.

5. HateBreed

Member HateBreed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    get a acekard 2.1 its only 16 on dragonds.com oh and that way u can buy an 8 gig

6. xxteargodxx
    OP

United States
    If I get Ace Kard 2i can I still use an 8gb micro sd card with it?

7. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Yep most flashcarts support up to 32GB msds.

8. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    Yeah Gamestop is not the best solution for getting new DS lite.

I mean it's a place for kids to trade their "trash" for new stuff or used "trash"

Every time I go to Gamestop I see one of those 10 year old trading it their beat-up DS.

Anyway that's a pretty good deal you've got (except for the cyclo, too expensive)

9. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    M3 Real?
    BETTER than CycloDS?

*King laugh from zelda CDi*: OAA HA HAH HA HAH HA HAA

I had M3 real and my cycloDS, when M3 real lagged in sonic RPG game I forgot name of, Cyclo did not. When a game did not run because of antipiracy, cyclo did run it, when GTA was released did M3 run it - no it didn't

As for sakura - heck yeah.

As for acekard, cannot say. Or how M3 is now really, but they weren't "better than cyclo" by their time. Especially on DS lite, they still talked about phantasy star antipiracy stuff what was not apparent in cycloDS

I remember year ago how acekard was said to be at least on par with cycloDS in game compatibility and stuff - Why it offput me that on DSi frontit seems M3 gets all the kudos now. What I still cannot believe before I see it, I remember year back why I sold my M3 and kept my cyclo .

Yeah, I like my cyclo. I though am gonna back stab it and go make sweet love with my acekard 2i and move to faraway land of golden i's in console name. Cyclo cannot follow there...

10. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    M3 has changed now.. cyclo is starting to fade away now.. the team support is getting slower and its not worth it anymore

11. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland

I can hear that.

Fitting song for the matter

The times, they are changing~

12. xxteargodxx
    OP

United States
    EDIT:

I got my DS Lite at Gamestop in NYC it looks awesome it's a Crimson red & black one was a refurb only $95 bucks no screen scratches or dead pixels or nothing only a teeny tiny pin size scratch on the red shell which isn't noticeable so I bought it. I had gone to about 8+ different Gamestops only to find crappy scratched up DS Lites or only Pink ones before I finally got this good one (Pictures below).

As for my Micro SD card I ordered that off Amazon tonight paid only $12.77 for it and I got expedited shipping 2-6 business days since it was only $2 dollars extra.

And for my flash card I got an Ace Kard 2i from Real Hot Stuff with Free Shipping for $24 bucks so all in all I think I made out pretty decent.

Pics of my DS [​IMG]

DS Lite
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Screens Turned Off

Screens Turned On

13. xxteargodxx
    OP

United States
    Edited my above post, and made my purchases thanks for your help peoples [​IMG]

14. Azlan Uchiha

Member Azlan Uchiha GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    Wow you got the same DS as me..except it broke [​IMG]

15. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom

Really? I'm surprised they take them. At my local game stores in Britain (Game and Gamestation, who i think are actually owned by Gamestop*) they check every game for scratches on trade in and if its bad they don't take it. Never seen anybody trading in a beat up DS but I'd imagine that its the same or they give a much lower trade-in value and try to sell it off fast at a cheap price (which could be good if you know how to repair a DS as the parts may add up to cheaper than a decent console)

*Looked up on Wikipedia, not the same company,