I Think I'm Going to Die at a Early Age

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, real stuff people. No amount of exercise can stop all of the stress from killing me off. It's like society is over-stressing all of the poor people so that we all just die off. BTW why can't tech shit...JUST WORK. Seriously a few minutes ago I caught myself sounding like Steve Jobs from the movie "Pirates of Silicon Valley" (good movie BTW). I'm tired of all of these so called tech professionals, releasing products that are either heavily user unfriendly or look really pretty but don't really work well in the "real world". yes, I know this is a rant but hell, it's the off topic section. I know life sucks in general but I have this huge feeling that I'm gonna snap and catch a heart attack and just pass out. :(

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A side note, the now have the blogs section back.

http://gbatemp.net/blogs/

lol Thanks.

@mysticwaterfall Have you seen the side effects for most medicine these days?!?! Hell, I worry about my wife daily because of the medicine she has to take. "modern medicine" is juts scary :P

BEFORE, someone says something like "go roll a blunt", keep in mind that it is still illegal in my state :P (not that I have any experience with that and stuff *giggle* )

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol Thanks.

@mysticwaterfall Have you seen the side effects for most medicine these days?!?! Hell, I worry about my wife daily because of the medicine she has to take. "modern medicine" is juts scary :P

BEFORE, someone says something like "go roll a blunt", keep in mind that it is still illegal in my state :P (not that I have any experience with that and stuff *giggle* )
IMHO you shouldn't really pay attention to the side effects most of the time unless you think you are actually experiencing problems. Most of the listed side effects are minor or very rare anyway, if it was actually that dangerous it wouldn't be used. Otherwise you'll just turn into my grandma (Oh god this medicine has a 0.0001% chance of giving me minor X, I took it and 30 seconds later I am seriously suffering of X) That said, don't take medicine if it's not necessary.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wander in here expecting a projection of modern medicine, technology and how it will all play out, there is still hope but I will probably not be the one to make it happen.

Why can't tech work? Because it is cheap as it can be and nobody wants to pay for something that works and is indestructible.

User friendly..... I sit here writing a script to make a video in something that is technically a programming language and I laugh at those poor bastards having to sit there and click 500 times to get the equivalent done and hope they did not screw up somewhere early on and can remember what they did should they have to do it again on the next project.
However I can equally not begrudge someone the option of a few fairly obvious clicks to append a video to another and fix the resolution, such things are doable in a handful of lines for me but it would probably still take someone going from scratch a couple of hours (give or take depending upon how well versed they are in programming) to get up on the code.

Stress- it is pretty have to starve in the modern world and even the poorest in society can afford to be hugely fat, medicine might be a bit more troublesome for you but it should not be that hard to pull off.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your stress isn't precipitating in the form of things like high blood pressure, bad habits, etc, then it's probably all in your head that your stress is going to kill you. A little stress is good for you, after all. If it is precipitating in the form of something like high blood pressure, then it was nice knowing you.

Garcimak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Best advice, stay away from meds and practice meditation, zazen first and learn about qigong, yoga ...be gentle and patient with yourself, you will overcome your pain.

Might be worthwhile to read books from J Kabat-Zinn.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for replying to this thread. Next week I have a doctor's appointment (the first since childhood...I think) so, if there is some major blood pressure issue, I guess I will find out then. Things have been awfully lonely, depressing and just plain frustrating to the level of "snap". I guess I could get back on my Wii Fit balance board and do some more Yoga. It's just that, after a while, you just get tired of fighting the world and I have been doing that since I was six (27 now).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then stay away from the Ouya - the stress of being one of only 12 people to own the 'console' will probably finish you off. If you're looking for tips to lead a calm and relaxed life just ask GBAtemp member Bradxyxyxz.

I still can't wait for Ouya so I don't think that will kill me off. Am I really the Ouya guy here?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can only assume you're real problem is not with tech stuff. You probably have deeper problems than you would admit here and these tech stuff you use is what you use to run from your problems. It's only natural that when you had a problem with technology you weren't able to distract yourself and the problems you've been trying to avoid came back.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You think you got it bad? I might not even live to 40 because I take after my moms side of the family when it comes to health.

Shit heart, shit lungs...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?