Hacking I think I screwed it up.

TonyCool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
Hi friends. I need a bit of help. I have a WiiKey and recently updated to 1.9g firmware. The update worked fine (now I'm downloaded SMG to test it out). I tried 2 Wii backups (Simpsons and MP3C) and they worked fine. Then I burned the Config disk, it booted OK. I configured a few settings about region free and saved them. It rebooted and after that, when I tried to boot config disk again (it showed GC logo), I got black screen and DRE message about removing disk and turning off . I tried booting again a Wii game and booted OK.

I think I screwed it and now I can't boot GC backups (although I don't have any yet). Can any of you halp me?? I want to state it's a PAL console and I burned PAL update and PAL config disk 1.3g, and PAL Wii Backups. I have 3.1E firmware.

Thanks in advance.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that thread's first post contains "pre-patched" config discs. That's what you need. Since your Wii is at 3.0E or 3.1E it doesn't like the header information on some of your GC discs. These discs contain the executables of the WiiKey config disc and since it has GCOS header information your Wii will allow it to run. Turning on region free on your WiiKey will allow it to ignore the header information on the GC discs and run all of them.

If you don't have a controller then read on to the end of the thread. It will show you another thread where you can hex edit the config disc and 'trick' the Wii into loading your existing 1.3 config disc. This may have been covered on GBATemp as well, but I'm not sure where it is.

TonyCool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Originally Posted by vapochill View Post
I finally managed to get 1.3 config booting on my PAL 3.0E wii.

How...(this is 12 hours later so its from memory).

1. Download 1.3 config from wiikey site.

2. Create your image with the PAL batch file.

3. Burn the image to DVD-R.

4. Hex edit the ISO (on harddrive) with HxDen (or other hexeditor)

as per this http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...g?d=1186782217

5. Save the edited ISO and burn it to DVD-R

6. Boot with the hexedited 1.3 disk.

7. You will see a screen asking for the correct 1.3 disk.

8. Swap for untouched 1.3 disk and press reset button.

9. Once 1.3 has loaded set the region override to "ON"

10. Save the settings and reboot the Wii.

11. 1.3 untouched will now boot.
Thanks sidneyyoung but I have a small doubt. I have the "original" 1.3 Wiikey Setup Disk, now I have to burn the hexed version of it AND the GCOS disk? or if I burn the hexed, I don't need it?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need the GCOS disk. GCOS requires use of the controller, that's why it won't work for you.

You just need to hex edit the 1.3 config image, burn it, and do the swap trick with your original 1.3 config like it says in steps 6-8.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you do have a way of getting a gamecube controller: it's called the internet
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo